Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Boot won't open?

CalebDavidson

Reaction score
Hey guys I have a 03 vy series 2 SS sedan and just the other day my boot stopped opening? It still makes a clicking sound when I press remote or glove box button, but fails to open boot. Anyone else had a smiler issue??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
If the mechanism is broken, you can pull the yellow backup cable behind the fold-down middle back seat.

Try lifting the lid while pressing the remote button, see if it unlocks.

Nut Kracker

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 304ci (195i)
I'll tell ya's wotken 'appen....OK?

There are two rubber stoppers that are adjustable (screw in and out), on either side of the boot lid....OK?
These stoppers when properly adjusted, lift the boot lid slightly, to allow it to clear the locking mechanism when you unlock it....OK?
If these stoppers are screwed in too much, the lid wont lift when the lock is activated and it will immediately relock the boot....OK?
If the stoppers are screw out too much, you will have to use excessive force to shut the boot....OK?
It's just a matter of adjusting and trying....OK?

Nut Kracker

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 304ci (195i)

There are two rubber stoppers that are adjustable (screw in and out), on either side of the boot lid....OK?
These stoppers when properly adjusted, lift the boot lid slightly, to allow it to clear the locking mechanism when you unlock it....OK?
If these stoppers are screwed in too much, the lid wont lift when the lock is activated and it will immediately relock the boot....OK?
If the stoppers are screw out too much, you will have to use excessive force to shut the boot....OK?
I thought that might grab your attention Tas......

Nut Kracker

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 304ci (195i)

Oh yeah....OK?
Just to add to the above post.
If the stoppers are screwed out to far, the lid can put an excessive amount of pressure on the locking mechanism and
it may not have enough strength to release the catch.....OK?
That's why you have to push down on the lid to open it.....OK?

CalebDavidson

Reaction score
Now come to think of it I do recall my right rubber boot stop falling apart I just thought it was really not much use (first time owner VYss) so I didn't think to look at replacing the part but I have searched on eBay and found some rubber boot stop kits on eBay for around $39.00 is that what I will need to get my boot opening normally without using the yellow cord?

Nut Kracker

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 304ci (195i)
No mate they look like boot covers for the power steering or some thing.
They are just a rubber bump stop that screw into the holes on either side of the boot.
The bonnet has them as well on either side.

Probably a few $'s at Holden.....

Last edited:

CalebDavidson

Reaction score
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1385290966.858909.jpg