Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Boot won't open

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Actuator only has 2 wires I think, hook it onto a battery direct or a jump starter, hold one on earth and tap the other on the battery poll if it doesn't work then replace.

It has 4 wires, it should have a relay as well but that's probably in the bcm.

Last edited:

vr304

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 ssv manual
It’s pretty common for the actuators to go in them mate easy to replace yourself

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
they are a part that is known to fail so just go to ebay and buy a new one for 100 bucks and swap it out yourself.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/9222810...or-Latch-VF-Commodore-Sedan-All-/162732522820

s-l500.png

lobbie

Reaction score
Members Ride
vf sv6
Update. Went to my local mechanic to put test light on it which showed power to actuator. So he said must be actuator. No problem will order one in. Then when i get home the boot is working as normal maybe it might of been from sticking probe into the terminals. ?

Sir Les

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V V6 MY14
Update. Went to my local mechanic to put test light on it which showed power to actuator. So he said must be actuator. No problem will order one in. Then when i get home the boot is working as normal maybe it might of been from sticking probe into the terminals. ?

If there's one thing I've learnt from many decades of owning and working on vehicles, it's that Sod's Law transcends any natural laws of physics. Normally it wouldn't have made itself apparent until after you had purchased a new actuator, so consider yourself lucky! And yes, sticking a probe in can have lots of consequences! :eek: :D

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
If its now working I say it put pressure on the wire after poking it with the probe moving the harness, I though u tested the harness or did you just look at it, probably still pay to look at the connections by removing it making sure it getting good clean contact, the pins maybe pushed back or bent also the earth wire may be loose, possibly wont work after a few bumps or speed humps.