Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Borrow SCAN TOOL?? - VIC

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute
Anyone have a scan tool I can borrow?

I drove around this morning not realizing my maf was unplugged... :bang: :bang:

The engine light came up and esp wasn't working. I called up holden and booked in for next tuesday. I've had the check engine light come up before, it turned off the next day though. Don't know why.

So anyway, its plugged back in but the engine light keeps coming up. Would like to erase the data as I really cannot be bothered going into Holden as I will need to swap back a few parts to stock, which is time consuming.

I live in the South east suburbs, near narre warren.

I'm assuming the car is fine now that its plugged back in :whistling but im not sure. Would driving around with an unplugged maf for 30ish minutes in the wet damage my engine?

Cheers guys, pm me!

Rossbx

Reaction score
Members Ride
'96 VS Commodore Equipe Sedan
If you want to reset your computer just disconnect the battery for at least 2 minutes. That will clear the codes but if there is a problem the check engine light will come back on again so you are much better off just getting it checked I think. Most service centres have the equipement to do computer diagnostics these days, not just holden so try elsewhere if you need to have it done before the weekend.
I'm probsbly not much help to you, just thought I'd throw my two cents worth in