Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Bosch disc rotors. What are they like?

ONROADYNO

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Thunder
I am just about to replace my front rotors.
What are the Bosch brand from SuperCheap like compared to other standard rotors?

Thankyou

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
I'd just get RDA eBay rotors if you are on a budget.

Ian Johnston

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 Subaru Forester, XR6 turbo ute.
Bosch are PBR, OK cheap rotor. RDA OK, Protex OK if you are on a budget, and dont do heavy braking.

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
As said above. Bosch branded brake products are made by PBR.

The quality, is decent enough. Nothing to scream home about or make any large complaints about. I would recommend them over a brand like RDA any day of the week.

Although if youre looking for Commodore rotors, DBA040's are dirt cheap and dont know why youd cheap out of them.

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
As said above. Bosch branded brake products are made by PBR.

The quality, is decent enough. Nothing to scream home about or make any large complaints about. I would recommend them over a brand like RDA any day of the week.

Although if youre looking for Commodore rotors, DBA040's are dirt cheap and dont know why youd cheap out of them.

Grennan quick question. What problems have you seen with RDA rotors? Just cheaply made or....?

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
Grennan quick question. What problems have you seen with RDA rotors? Just cheaply made or....?

If you look at a cross section between DBA and RDA, RDA rotors do not have the same heat dissipation as DBA.

Pair that with their sometimes sub par quality, it leads to warp and cracking. Not all of their rotors are like this though, when I was selling them I found there were particular models that were more prevalent to it - typically these were smaller thinner discs like youd see on Japanese/Korean cars or Euros.

I had a horror run with Astra rotors with them and their newer front rotors were actually quite big.

I would also avoid their cross drilled rotors like the plague. They have a nasty habit of cracking, like DBA's did in the early days. Unlike DBA though, RDA has not put in the R&D time to perfect them.

Their upper spec products though, really good. They do the EBC brakes as well as some really good big brake conversion kits.