Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

bosch injectors?

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
You can clean and replace the parts yourself you don't need to send them away to be tested.
I’d NEVER recommend that anybody try this. You may get a little bit of crud out of them but there’s potential to do irreversible damage. If the injectors are held open, they can overheat and coils can become damaged.

Best to send them away to have it done professionally and get data for them as rjk said.

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
I’d NEVER recommend that anybody try this. You may get a little bit of crud out of them but there’s potential to do irreversible damage. If the injectors are held open, they can overheat and coils can become damaged.

Best to send them away to have it done professionally and get data for them as rjk said.
Did mine and they all work just fine, damage by tapping lol, wont over heat if you don't hold it open, flow rate well if its not working or blocked then the flow rate will change, they not adjustable it just opens on pulse and sprays so if they are clean and pulsating a nice spray pattern then they are ok, if you have a problem with flow rate and they are clean then you be looking at your ecu or wiring, to change your flow rate you need a scan tool to adjust the numbers in the IQA. So if its clean and spraying with every tap in the same spray pattern like all 6 then they are fine, put new filters and seals on and refit done. If your not confident doing them then by means send them off, also test the resistants with a multimeter.

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
if you have a problem with flow rate and they are clean then you be looking at your ecu or wiring

Yeah, if there's a flow issue there is 100% no chance it will be the 30 year old injector.

Serious question though, how are you determining your flow rate DIY between the 6 or 8 injectors you are testing (physically I mean)? Flow testing isn't so much about making sure the injector works correctly (as stupid as that sounds), it's about consistency between a group of injectors to make sure the same amount of fuel is being delivered to every cylinder.

Last edited:

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Yeah, if there's a flow issue there is 100% no chance it will be the 30 year old injector.

Serious question though, how are you determining your flow rate DIY between the 6 or 8 injectors you are testing (physically I mean)? Flow testing isn't so much about making sure the injector works correctly (as stupid as that sounds), it's about consistency between a group of injectors to make sure the same amount of fuel is being delivered to every cylinder.
Yes I know that, if you want to give them the same amount of juice then send them off and they will tag them with the numbers attached to each one then fit them and take your car to someone who can change each injector to according to each cylinder you placed them in via a tech tool. Just make sure Holden or any other mechanic don't change the values on your next service and keep the numbers in the glovebox corresponding to each cylinder you placed them incase someone decides to fark with your system.

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
Yes I know that, if you want to give them the same amount of juice then send them off and they will tag them with the numbers attached to each one then fit them and take your car to someone who can change each injector to according to each cylinder you placed them in via a tech tool. Just make sure Holden or any other mechanic don't change the values on your next service and keep the numbers in the glovebox corresponding to each cylinder you placed them incase someone decides to fark with your system.
Most cars don’t have the capability. Pretty much all common rail diesels and direct injected engines do though.

woteva

NEED 4 SPEED
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2 Sportwagon - VR2 V6 ecotec Wag - VS2 V6 Wag
Mechanic asked the missus when dropping her VE2 3.0 in for service last year if she wanted the injectors cleaned for $89.00. She told them to give me a call, they never did.
I went and picked up the car later in the day and asked the guy at the desk if they remove the injectors to clean for $89 and was told they put a special additive in the tank LOL!!!
Must be good stuff for that price.

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14

This is for a VP Commodore man, none of that is ever gonna happen, it is physically not capable. Why a mechanic would be playing with injector flow settings during a routine service too is beyond me.

take your car to someone who can change each injector to according to each cylinder you placed them in via a tech tool

Are you talking about reprogramming injector IDs (which don't exist on this car) or actually changing flow (which also doesn't exist that way on this car)? Because the whole idea of flow testing is so that you don't have to adjust flow like that.

Last edited:

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
This is for a VP Commodore man, none of that is ever gonna happen, it is physically not capable. Why a mechanic would be playing with injector flow settings during a routine service too is beyond me.

Are you talking about reprogramming injector IDs (which don't exist on this car) or actually changing flow (which also doesn't exist that way on this car)? Because the whole idea of flow testing is so that you don't have to adjust flow like that.
Well then why send them off then there nothing they can do to adjust the injectors rate they can only clean them if they any good to start with, if they clean and working then only thing that will stop there performance is fuel pressure.

VN series 1, 8-88 to 10-90 uses injector number 0280-150-901 which flows 146.3 GPM @ 3 BAR. Resistance 14.5 ?.

VN series 2, 11-90 to 10-91 uses injector number 028-0150-960 which flows 150.5 GPM @ 3 BAR. Resistance 14.5 ?.

These injectors are also fitted in the
VG UTE 11-90 to 10-91, VP COMMODORE 11-91 to 07-93 and the VR COMMODORE 06-93 to 04-95.

The VN - VR injectors are what is classed as an EV-1 injector pintle type which are open to problems when used at an incorrect fuel pressure, hosing is a problem if pressure is too low or too high and the pattern can also be forced too wide for the target area if pressure is too high.

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
Well then why send them off then there nothing they can do to adjust the injectors rate they can only clean them if they any good to start with, if they clean and working then only thing that will stop there performance is fuel pressure.

VN series 1, 8-88 to 10-90 uses injector number 0280-150-901 which flows 146.3 GPM @ 3 BAR. Resistance 14.5 ?.

VN series 2, 11-90 to 10-91 uses injector number 028-0150-960 which flows 150.5 GPM @ 3 BAR. Resistance 14.5 ?.

These injectors are also fitted in the
VG UTE 11-90 to 10-91, VP COMMODORE 11-91 to 07-93 and the VR COMMODORE 06-93 to 04-95.

The VN - VR injectors are what is classed as an EV-1 injector pintle type which are open to problems when used at an incorrect fuel pressure, hosing is a problem if pressure is too low or too high and the pattern can also be forced too wide for the target area if pressure is too high.
The point of flow testing is to verify that they’re doing what they’re supposed to do, and that all injectors in a set perform within a set range. It’s not about making changes to an injector.