Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

bosch injectors?

HarryHoudini

Reaction score
Members Ride
1991 VN Wagon..2012 VE Sportwagon.
I've seen some adds for cheaper Bosch injectors which are described as new, never used but also tested for flow pattern. Like these: https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/6-x-Bosch-Injectors-fit-Holden-Commodore-VN-VG-VP-VR-VS-VT-VQ-V6-0280150960/293180161584?
Anyone tried them? Very cheap compared to all the other bosch injectors I've seen.

No,fitted Siemens/VDO to my VN about 5 Years ago and they work great,purchased off a Melb. based Ebay guy for around $200.
The trouble with Bosch gear on Ebay is a lot of it are Chinese fakes,minefield trying to sort it all out as Bosch has the majority of its products manufactured there these days.

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
Generally with ebay injectors you replace the listed brand name with the word "China". Also, would you really trust a seller with thirteen sales?

Case in point:

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
The go is to have your injectors reconditioned Rob. Used to be about $25 an injector, to have them hydrostatically cleaned and seals and filters replaced.

MikeC

Reaction score
Members Ride
VQ Statesman
The go is to have your injectors reconditioned Rob. Used to be about $25 an injector, to have them hydrostatically cleaned and seals and filters replaced.
I've found very few reproduction replacement parts are as good as the GMH originals.

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
I've found very few reproduction replacement parts are as good as the GMH originals.

Not reproduction, reconditioning. They take your existing injectors and clean and flow test them and replace any worn or broken selas or parts, pretty much put them on a test bench like the one from that video I posted to make sure they're working properly.

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Not reproduction, reconditioning. They take your existing injectors and clean and flow test them and replace any worn or broken selas or parts, pretty much put them on a test bench like the one from that video I posted to make sure they're working properly.
You can clean and replace the parts yourself you don't need to send them away to be tested.

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
You can clean and replace the parts yourself you don't need to send them away to be tested.

I didn't say you couldn't? What I said was that repro and recon aren't the same thing.

And TBH, cleaning them is one thing but for the relatively low cost vs. effort required (and for what OP is asking for) I'd rather send them to somebody with a flow bench to make sure the spray patterns are correct and the flow rates are consistent between them.

Last edited: