Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Bose Front Speakers for VF Ute

Brettv

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Ute
Hi Guys,
Recently I bought a pair of BOSE front speakers from a wrecked VF on ebay (for my SS). I paid $150.

Just found the exact same speaker on Amazon in case people want to upgrade. I also rang a Holden dealer (Melbourne City) to try and find a part number for the BOSE tweeter, however it seems as if it is the same tweeter for all models.

Front $55.97 US - Amazon.com: ACDelco 15905042 GM Original Equipment Front Door Radio Speaker: Automotive

Rear $38.80 US - Amazon.com: ACDelco 15186669 GM Original Equipment Rear Side Door Radio Speaker: Automotive

Didn't look for the amp or subs, but they might be there on Amazon too? (not applicable for me due to having a ute, i might just end up getting a cadence under seat sub)

Anyway, they are a direct drop in replacement, however the connector is different so you will need to change that, i just cut my old connectors off and used terminals to plug straight into the BOSE connector.

Cheers,
Brett

MiKExAUS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS A4 Series II
Do the BOSE speakers sound much better than the standards in the ssv ss etc?

Flukey

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
The Bose are nothing special. I plan to pull them all out of my Redline and put something good in.

Brettv

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Ute
Compared to the stock speakers they sound a lot better, better base and more crisp. You can also turn them up louder without distortion. Not as good as a custom setup but worth it for me.