Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Boss Audio

niggle

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive 3.8
Yeah, i got that Strathfeild boss pack thing, only i got 2 10" subs not the 1 12" sub. Systems great, heaps of base and clarity - but its been in my car for about a week. so i can't really comment on reliably... :rolleyes:

but yeah, for $500 its a great little deal i reckon, even if it shits its self in a year.. ;)

Chears, Neil

DJ Majah

Electro doof doof styleé
Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII cruiser
Cool, I only paid $300 for mine, I got the blue power 12" and the blue power 6" splits, along with the 1000W amp.

I think the thing that convinced me to get it was when I went into Brisbane car sound, and I was having a listen to the soundboard. I changed around a few and I thought the one that came with the pack was a 10" that needed heaps of power and sounded **** compared to another 12" that was on when I went in. Then I started talking to the guy there and he told me that the sub that came with it was the 12" that sounded great, so that gave me hope.

Then I stuck it in with my Kicker 10". I've got some serious sound now, and I've only had it for a week, but it's not bad quality at all. Now all I need to do is put the splits in the front, help anyone?

Gobbles

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim Series II
yep....take off your door trims unscrew the standard speakers pop yours in....and then you can either wire them up to the head unit or wire them up to an amp but that will mean running wires from the speaker in the door to an amp which im not sure of how your going to do it..

DJ Majah

Electro doof doof styleé
Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII cruiser
Gobbles said:
yep....take off your door trims unscrew the standard speakers pop yours in....and then you can either wire them up to the head unit or wire them up to an amp but that will mean running wires from the speaker in the door to an amp which im not sure of how your going to do it..

Yeah, but how do I get the door trims off?

And do you reckon its worth it to replace the tweeters in the dash with the ones I got?

MasterOfReality

Miners go deeper
Reaction score
Members Ride
2019 LC Sahara TTDV8, 1991 VP Calais V8
I put Pioneer bullet splits in my old VS and hooked them up to an amp in the back.

1. Pull off door trims on both doors
- Remove housing that has aircon vents (you have to pop out
vents by hand)
- Remove red tab underneath door lock with screwdriver and pull
off lock knob, exposing long skinny metal rod
- Remove screw from behind long skinny metal rod
- Remove door trim screws and pop off door trims
2. Remove old pos speaker
3. Fit new speakers
- I bought 6 inch bullets so they fit no worries, although I had to
cut off the back of the plastic speaker brackets to clear the ass
magnets
4. Position tweeters
- I put mine where the mirror backing plate is on the doors (sort of
in the corner if you know what i mean)
- I left the old tweeters in the dash (I made sure their wires were
cut)
5. The fun bit - Threading the woofer and tweeter speaker lines through the
grommet in the doors
- Get yourself a wire coathanger and cut it so you get a nice long
straight piece.
- Tape the speaker lines (one at a time!) to the wire nice and
tight, and jam it through the grommet. It might take some time
but you will get there eventually. It helps if you loosen the
grommet first.

I put my x-overs under/behind the glovebox.

All the rest was just trying to figure out where to run the lines.

Good luck

Gobbles

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim Series II
MasterofReality has got it spot on with the guide for the door trims and with the tweeters....i would put em under the dash i think if you get a flat headed screwdriver and pop those vents out then you should be able to pull the tweeter out im not sure how it is fastened in there i havent played with it before but just cut the wires to the stocko tweeter and solder/wire your one in there.

xstatic

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt gen 3 berlina
i hate to change the subject but when i seen a deal like to do with boss years ago and i thought they where linked to the brand bose in the home entertainment business, when in actual fact to my knowledge the got nothing to do with them

cheers

scott

DJ Majah

Electro doof doof styleé
Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII cruiser
VK_KICK_ASS said:
i hate to change the subject but when i seen a deal like to do with boss years ago and i thought they where linked to the brand bose in the home entertainment business, when in actual fact to my knowledge the got nothing to do with them

cheers

scott

No they dont, but either way I reckon it was a good deal, and doesnt sound too bad at all.

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
with my tweeters i placed em ontop of where the factory ones sit. you would actually be surprised the difference in them when they are in a different location. they sound heaps better. if i can be arseed tomorrow ill post a pic of them... but thats IF :p

Gobbles

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim Series II
Be arseed you bastard :)......how are the stock ones wired up....do the wires from the tweeters join up with the wires from the stockos in the doors and then go the the head unit? hows it work...