Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Boss kit

gonz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Supercharge S2
hi all just wondering about boss kits for the VT as i whent in to repo looking at a new stearing wheel and they told me that there is no boss kit for the VT's :bang: and was wondering is there is or what is the go with it all CHEERS ;)

253@7k

300rwhp supra. yay.
Reaction score
Members Ride
TT Supra/HZ Ute.
You can get them but they are illegal and for off road use only. You cannot remove the steering wheel air bag, its dangerous and you will get defected. Momo make a steering wheel for the VT but its a bit expensive.

veclubby

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE Clubsport
yeh tis illegal to have one on any vehicle originally fitted with a airbag. i haven't even seen any at work for any commo past a vs, coz they came out as standard after that.

ryan

broderikb

Reaction score
Members Ride
1992 HSV SENATOR 5000i
HDT make a billet alloy one but it is like $400, & as stated above, it is for "RACE USE ONLY". I have seen a VX with a sports wheel & I dont think it looked right, go the MOMO leather one.

gonz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Supercharge S2
not a worries thanks all, for the help and info will have a look at the MOMO

253@7k

300rwhp supra. yay.
Reaction score
Members Ride
TT Supra/HZ Ute.
i got quoted $230 a while back, dont really think its worth the price and risk of getting caught with it

Is ANYONE thinking about the safety aspect??????
Gee, I no longer have an airbag to cusion my impact. Oh well the cool looking steering wheel should leave a good imprint in my forehead. Its all good.

gonz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Supercharge S2
not a worrie think i will just leave it for now as safty if a big part of my cars ( with my kids ) in the car