Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Botannica Mica - B148, Holden doesn't want to know about it

HamaTime™

VIP Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
C Class AMG
Ok this is ridiculous.

A couple of months ago I went to Holden Lilydale (VIC) and asked for a bottle of touch up paint for Botannica Mica, B148. The guy there said Holden have never produced a car in that colour. Therefore I told him he was an idiot, pointed to my car and said that is B148 and there were many thousands of cars produced in the late 90's with that colour.

I am now back looking for a bottle/a few bottles and I went to Holden Doncaster and I got told the same thing! They were both young kids they had behind the desk in the parts section so either they are idiots and have no idea what they are talking about or I have missed something.

Anyone care to shed some light on this? So I can prove my sanity...:whistling

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
Try auto parts stores, sprints, repco, maybe even autobahn. Alos of them stock holden touchup paint (i went to one here and they had about 4 different whites for VS models)

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
It's actually called:

GENERAL MOTORS HOLDEN BOTANICA BLUE MICA B148 1994 - METALLIC

and that's from: GM Holden Colour Codes

admir87

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs calais
Repco has them it in the holts duplicolor cans

bout $11

holden should have it too.... im sure those 2 just dont know what there on about

old mate

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VB Sedan / GU Patrol
wtf, i have that colour too! i didnt have any trouble getting paint for mine when it was at the panel beaters though.

HamaTime™

VIP Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
C Class AMG
I might go back to Holden again and try my luck again, otherwise I'll try Repco or the like.

Scooter79

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII Calais supercharged
I know Autobarn can do a colour match while you wait if you have the right code. Simple as that.

jokerflingo

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VY SS 2003 - 6 Speed Manual
I know Autobarn can do a colour match while you wait if you have the right code. Simple as that.

For some reason i don't like the idea of someone mixing up the paint colour for my car, id rather buy it already made.

vnss_1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN SS

im pretty sure they will colour code, not colour match. colour matching would require spraying out cards and tinting the colour around. they will just punch in the code to a computer and it will give them a formula with tinters and weight.

i am a painter by trade, go to a crash shop. they can mix it on the spot in a little bottle with a brush on the lid. the colours off the machine are ten times better from a reputable paint company like PPG etc than those cheapys ya get from the auto stores.

DannyboyDS

Just hand me the pliers.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
Holden should be able to locate it on the computer from the color number alone, usually they are really good at Holden Lilydale, I have had allot to do with them and have always been happy.

There is an autobarn in Chirnside just after bunnings on Maroondah Highway, they can do a spray can of touch up paint for you, then you can spray it into the lid and dab it into any chips, etc.