Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Both side indicators on and stay on when i turn the key and start the car

Vz ss v8

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz ss v8
Hi guys im absolutely dumb founded i push the buttons on my key unlock the car and both front and rear indicators on both sides stayin on even whilst driving can anyone help please

adamcawood

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
Hi guys im absolutely dumb founded i push the buttons on my key unlock the car and both front and rear indicators on both sides stayin on even whilst driving can anyone help please

If you lock and un lock it a few times or maybe Evan push the hazard light button in and out a few times it might turn them off but I think your flasher relay is cooked there is one on the bcm that is know to die and there will also be 1 in fuse compartment if on bcm you will need to desoldering on done and refit new one

Nut Kracker

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 304ci (195i)
The flasher relay inside the BCM, ONLY controls the indicators when the remote is used.
The flasher relay inside the fuse compartment ONLY controls the indicators when the stalk is used.

They do not work in conjunction with each other. They are totally separate.

Imo, the relay in the BCM would be faulty.
When the indicators are on, give the BCM a good tap and see if you can't get the relay to release.

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
This sounds like the very common fault with the BCM in VZ's. Plenty of other threads on this issue. There was a member of the forum who used to repair the BCM at about half the cost of a new unit, but he has since left. Other members have managed to repair the unit themselves by obtaining a better quality relay and replacing the faulty one that Holden used. Again, threads on this in this section of the forum. A new BCM was around $500 back in 2009.

morphix

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VZ SV6 5-Speed Auto
Try and contact BCW161 on here if he has any of the relays left, that's where I got mine from and replaced it myself. I have a pdf guide somewhere I compiled for someone else (not my content). The relay was $25 and some solder and 20 mins pulling the BCM out and it was fixed.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Vz ss v8

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz ss v8
Awesome thanks.guys will see how I goes will keep you posted about the cause

Sent from my HTC Desire C using Tapatalk