Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Both VE & VF Commodores not responding to their key fobs at the same time

Jake300308

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina Series 1 commodore
G'day
My dad and I have run into a problem with both our commodores. Both my VE and his VF won't respond to their remote keys. It's not the batteries as both the spares and main remotes keys for both keys are not working either. Furthermore, my VE ran into the same problem a little over a week ago when the battery in the remote key was new. This would make it unlikely the VF (Both keys) would have a dead battery at the same time. Is it just that both cars are just confused or something I have no idea. Both of us are just really baffled by this. If anyone could have any possible explanation other than the cars are just haunted that would be great.
-Thanks

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
definitely haunted, there may be someone in the area unknowingly blocking the signal - this happens a lot.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
If the issue occured at the same time and when parked in the same location, then it’s an environmental issue. Some neighbour has probably bought a new toy (remote garage door, remote toy car, etc, etc) which is using similar RF. Probably crapping all over the spectrum used by the vehicle key system :rolleyes:

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
If the issue occured at the same time and when parked in the same location, then it’s an environmental issue. Some neighbour has probably bought a new toy (remote garage door, remote toy car, etc, etc) which is using similar RF. Probably crapping all over the spectrum used by the vehicle key system :rolleyes:

yep some non compliant chinese trash thing.

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Someone's dodgy remote, broadcasting a 433Mhz trash signal.

Reactions: Lex