Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Bottled water

Status
Not open for further replies.

vlv8vic

<---Brad Quaid = internet stalker
Reaction score
Members Ride
M5
A couple of comments got me thinking and i wonder what other people think/do.

There are massive amounts of bottled water sold these days. So much so that a doctor was telling me some people are drinking too much water which takes away too many nutrients.

Also, the amount of energy that goes into making the actual bottle and running the factory is pretty nasty.

I know some places have **** water, ours isn't perfect so we put in a filter and now run it through the fridge dispenser so it is always clear, always available and you can fill a flask of bottle of choice anytime. Sure i'll buy a bottle in a pinch but generally don't need to.

We had a filter at work that took water that could make you vomit and filtered it into water that was perfect so there are some good filters out there are the pretty cost effective.

Anyone got some good reasons for solely using bottled water from the shelf? i just fail to see the need for so many 'new' bottles to be bought and used these days...

Lumps of cheese

welcome to the machine
Reaction score
Members Ride
83 vh sle, 4x4 hilux, 03 monaro, 07 nightrain
My in laws have a fresh water tank, so every weekend my wife visits with our 5 litre containers and fills them up.
Yeah, our water is pretty **** but not as bad as ports water that's for sure! I'll only buy bottled water if i need to which isn't often.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
I buy bottled water when im out and about, much more refreshing and healthier than a bottle coke, plus its cold, nothing worse than hot water.
Apart from that we have a sunbeam water chiller, cost s $200 but damn the water is good.

hsvpunk

volunteer firefighter
Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss II M6
If im heading down to the nets to have a hit, il buy a 2 litre bottle of water. But i wont go out of my way to just buy the water because im thirsty.

As you have said, there is some good filters. We have one here at home, we've had it for a few years, il drink some of the filtered water from time to time.

Zuicider

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Set of thongs
unicorn filters under the sink pick up so much crap, i guess it mainly has to do with whats in the pipes. think about the romans using lead pipes , how tasty would that have been. when i was in the ghetto use to buy bottled water as the tap water was more than likely bore water and u could taste the ground in it.

got to the stage i was drinking that much grog i was using the bottled water for my fish tanks, those fish kept living and living, one tetra lived for like 5 to 6 years and another fish the oscar grew to 15 cms and more within a year

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN S1
Id buy bottled water if i had an old rain tank, i saw a study of older tanks (not the new poly ones) that showed the average lead content was like 10x higher than approved, due to the tank material or the catchment areas poluting the water.

Astranomical

Ecotec just kicked in yo
Reaction score
Members Ride
AH Astra (daily), VX Berlina, VN Calais, Mazda 626
If you ask me, I think its the stuff you bottle yourself, from your own rain water. Mostly because it doesn't cost you a cent (apart from the purchase of the tank, and the bottle), and is better for the environment. ;) :thumbsup:

Full Spectrum

Bro it's a VW your Audi!
Reaction score
Website
www.news.com.au
Members Ride
Berlina V6
I only drink bottled water now.. Buy 8 slabs 24 - 350ml each. Last the month. Frantelle spring water..

Some will say water all tastes the same. But since i have had almost every water over the past 12 months. I will say they do have a slight difference in taste:D. And have found the Frantelle is nice to drink.
I used to suck down 2lt diet cokes daily.

Julie

moderator- for now anyway
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blown VT Calais 355 + SC VY V6
I buy bottled water when im out and about, much more refreshing and healthier than a bottle coke, plus its cold, nothing worse than hot water.
Apart from that we have a sunbeam water chiller, cost s $200 but damn the water is good.

I do exactly the same thing! My folks bought us a sunbeam water chiller for xmas, and I love it. Probably been the most useful and used pressie they ever got us, I find we are all drinking more water, lately I seem to be refilling it 2-4 time a day :)

Status
Not open for further replies.