Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

bottom radiator hose connecting to water pump

Fizzman

Fizzman
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore Ute series III 1999 v6
hey guys my bottom radiator hose is leaking where it connects to engineblock/waterpump..
i can see the clamp for it but its in a very awkard position and i will have to remove some parts in order to get to it. . has anyone else replaced that hose and if so can they give me a tutorial on how to do it
would be greatly appreciated..

nathanVY

such boost
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY LS1 Turbo Calais, 2005 4Gen Liberty Wagon
shouldn't need to remove anything to get to it, although it could make it easier. firstly just inspect the clamp and if its old and rubbish or a flathead screw type just buy a new one and put that on as well, tighten them both up and see if it leaks.

RX25SE

Real cars are steel cars.
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY07 Liberty 30R Spec B 6sp wagon
As above, you shouldn't need to remove anything.
If the clamp has a hex head (as well as a slot) you could try a ring spanner or 1/4 drive socket and extension. Most commonly they a 7mm.

EDGE3

Reaction score
Members Ride
1997 VS COMMODORE,1996 GTS-R COMMODORE
As everyone else has said you just need a screwdriver to undo the clamp,you should replace the clamp and also replace the hose it would have a split in it because they go hard when they get old then they leak

nathanVY

such boost
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY LS1 Turbo Calais, 2005 4Gen Liberty Wagon
As everyone else has said you just need a screwdriver to undo the clamp,you should replace the clamp and also replace the hose it would have a split in it because they go hard when they get old then they leak

Yeah if the hose is really brittle you're best to replace all the hoses (as they are all the same age), and drain/flush your coolant and replace all hose clamps. Then you know it's sweet. But just try chaning the hose clamp if you want an easy fix :)

Fizzman

Fizzman
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore Ute series III 1999 v6
yer your right guys i did this morning wasnt a hard job at all thanks heaps for the advice

NathVR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive S2 3.8 sedan
hey guys, I got a VR with the same problem. where can I buy the hose and what do I ask for? do the clamps come with it?

also I have seen that valve that it connects to comes in brass now should I replace that too?

cheers