Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

bought a car. getting screwed. any advice?

Joe Peeps

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim
even if you took it court, you wouldnt win.
you never had a written contract and you never took posession of the car.
basically you just put a deposit on a car and it was refunded - nothing you can go to court over.
an self respecting lawyer will tell you the same thing.

i disagree with your thought process but agree that it is not worth pursuing legal action (you should rethink comments like "any self respecting lawyer will tell you the same thing" when you dont know what you are talking about). fyi

contracts do not have to be written & contrary to popular belief possession is not the be all and end all - if she still had the car he could definietly pursue a case for specific performance of the contract - BUT given she intends to make this ugly its not worth it and its your word against hers. however as soon as the car is sold to a bona fide purchaser you have no chance of getting the car.

she screwed you over man let it go karma will get her and people like her in the end.

peace

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
since when did that become a question? Take the car and lose the kids or vice versa? You really should be ashamed of yourself for ever posing that question.

rowdy12

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn commodore
I have had a similar situation 14 years ago I started to buy a car of the ex dragon and she went to the pokies put in $5 and won a New toyota and gave the other car to her friends so I lost but like cars and child support it does not last forever

And_ROOS

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV +6
Sorry, you BOUGHT the car, she can't cry Indian giver, you didn't put a deposit on it you BOUGHT it, its YOUR property based on what you said, so in that case she wants to sell something of YOURS which isn't HERS.

And thats slightly illegal.

So sell her house on her and call it even :)

StockoVRWagz

Formerly White50L
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR Wagon
My son comes first, no matter what. That's why my car has disintegrated into a piece of crap lol.

Take the cash, go buy something better and be all like "hahaha, keep ypu piece of crap" , you dont want to lose your kids, they only grow up once and you don't want to miss that.

Tom_1569

Ecotech Power
Reaction score
Members Ride
'14 SR5 Pusslux
Could always use the money to buy the kids a motorbike, she will LOVE that lol.

TheForgotten

only human......
Reaction score
Website
www.holdenscene.com
Members Ride
VR EXEC
Sorry, you BOUGHT the car, she can't cry Indian giver, you didn't put a deposit on it you BOUGHT it, its YOUR property based on what you said, so in that case she wants to sell something of YOURS which isn't HERS.

And thats slightly illegal.

So sell her house on her and call it even :)
house is a rental.. nice idea though :p

since when did that become a question? Take the car and lose the kids or vice versa? You really should be ashamed of yourself for ever posing that question.

ok.... this one caused me to bite.

fisrtly, you're an idiot. do you think maybe i've kept some parts of the saga to myself?
*DETAILS DELETED*

learn EVERY detail before you tell someone to feel shame
Did you get a receipt or proof that you gave her money for it?

been fighting for that too.... which is why i think it's turned dodgy. aside from bank records showing money entering her account from a branch in brisbane, i have nothing other than word of mouth

but since posting this, i told her i was sending a truck to pick it up and she's said she needs to organize some stuff and she'll give me a date (this week sometime) to send it

Last edited:

TheForgotten

only human......
Reaction score
Website
www.holdenscene.com
Members Ride
VR EXEC
Could always use the money to buy the kids a motorbike, she will LOVE that lol.

bikes are a plan when i have my own house/better job etc. and the ex loves bikes so it's not gonna stir the pot