Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Bought a Vp Calais.

Redline16

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 VFII SSV Redline Manual
Hi all,
I have just bought a VP Calais, picked it up for $1500 with 220thou on the clock, needs the paint on bonnet fixed up and a few scratches hear and there. Good buy I think :thumbsup: (used to own a VP Berlina).

I have a couple of issues that I wanted some help on:
The car runs a bit rich on fuel and also doesn't really move off the temp gauge unless I leave it idiling for ages, could this be coolant temp sensor?
I'm going to replace that, air filter was also really dirty so I replaced that already.

The central locking has an issue, the rear left door doesn't lock with the central locking at all, why could this be? And the front left door is really hard to lock so it is making the central locking try to lock but wont and they all pop back up again.

The auto fluid smells cooked and the auto seems like its making the car really sluggish when the car is cold like doesn't want to shift into 2nd gear for ages, and when doing 110 on the freeway and going up a hill it wont kick back I just hear a vibration like its trying to get it to kick back but cant do it. I think it might also be a bit low on fluid, how am I meant to check it properly?
(Going to put a manual gearbox in at some point)

Thanks everyone.

rob drag racer

vn vp drag nut
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
vp 3.8 with gas new project vn s1 guted strip only
no offense but theres no way i would pay 1500 for a vp Calais with those issues if the fluid smells that bad the hole box will need a service that is if there isn't any major damage already as for the left hand rear door i have the same issue and it un locks but wont lock with the rest of the locks so i dont know the answer to that one

Redline16

Reaction score
Members Ride
no offense but theres no way i would pay 1500 for a vp Calais with those issues if the fluid smells that bad the hole box will need a service that is if there isn't any major damage already as for the left hand rear door i have the same issue and it un locks but wont lock with the rest of the locks so i dont know the answer to that one

Yeah, Im converting it to manual, Ive got all the parts, just gotta find some time to do it.. Ive put more auto fluid in the box and its running a bit better now

Redline16

Reaction score
Members Ride
$1500 isn't bad, i sold my vn which was an exec with 330xxx kms for $1250 :p

i'd try changing the coolant temp sensor first. see how that goes.

Yeah, going to do that tomorrow. By the way levymetal seen your car going around very nice indeed, I live right near you in Mt Eliza ;)

rob drag racer

vn vp drag nut
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
vp 3.8 with gas new project vn s1 guted strip only