Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Bought a ZB

StrayKiwi

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY18 ZB VXR
I am watching the VXR prices as I have found now that the VXR in normal mode has smoother suspension than the Calais V this is as a result of the continuous damping which is a feature that comes on the upper priced BMW and Mercedes as well.

As an exercise I tried to spec a BMW/Audi/Merc to the same spec as the VXR. The result was around the high five/early six figures (NZ$), in some cases more than twice what we paid for our car. For example, you cannot buy a BMW (in NZ at least) which has a front passenger seat with the same functionality as the driver side. You can option them in a Merc but you are paying a lot for it.

benny66

Benno
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF MY14 Calais V ZB MY18 Calais V
As an exercise I tried to spec a BMW/Audi/Merc to the same spec as the VXR. The result was around the high five/early six figures (NZ$), in some cases more than twice what we paid for our car. For example, you cannot buy a BMW (in NZ at least) which has a front passenger seat with the same functionality as the driver side. You can option them in a Merc but you are paying a lot for it.
Yes. The adaptive suspension and fully adjustable seats are just the start. The AEB at high speed is another one. A lot of cars offer AEB at low speed but not high.
I would like to see TSR on the GPS as I miss that coming from a VF where the GPS had the speed zones. I know I can use android auto with Google maps but that's all fiddly.
The BMW and Merc only have proper leather in the upper levels. The lowest levels get imitation.
As you said a VXR equivalent is about a 540i M Sports in my eyes which is 150k.
Sure the there are some features missing such as Bowers and Wilkins sound, tv reception, self parking after getting out of the car, gesture control. But the VXR is up there.

Last edited: