Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Bought a ZB

arsevee

Reaction score
Members Ride
RS-V Sportwagon
^ A sales person having customers wait for ages is an old ploy to have them invested in the buy. It’s rude and I’d not have waited around :oops:

But then to have the sales person say they won’t move on price, some 45 minutes later, would have had me fuming and I’d have vocally ripped into their bullshit sales tactics in front of all in the showroom :mad:

Glad you didn’t deal with such twots and spent your money elsewhere :)

Exactly the same thing happened to me a few cars ago at a local (GC) dealer - kept me waiting for 45 minutes, I went back in, grabbed my keys back (they were supposed to be valuing the car - they hadn't) and two weeks later drove the same car from another dealer right up to the front door, grabbed the sales manager and walked him out to my car. When I told him I'd just picked it up elsewhere after being ignored by one of his sales staff, he was less than happy.

:)

SteveRSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
Car
Exactly the same thing happened to me a few cars ago at a local (GC) dealer - kept me waiting for 45 minutes, I went back in, grabbed my keys back (they were supposed to be valuing the car - they hadn't) and two weeks later drove the same car from another dealer right up to the front door, grabbed the sales manager and walked him out to my car. When I told him I'd just picked it up elsewhere after being ignored by one of his sales staff, he was less than happy.

My dad was a car salesman for a little while, many decades ago. His tales of the salesmanship they employed leave the current crop looking like absolute amateurs.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
My dad was a car salesman for a little while, many decades ago. His tales of the salesmanship they employed leave the current crop looking like absolute amateurs.

A number of years ago I had a business meeting with a dealer principal in his office which was on the second floor overlooking the yard.

He didn't hesitate to interupt our discussion to pick up the phone and demand that a sales rep attend to the potential customers walking around the yard.

SteveRSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
Car
A number of years ago I had a business meeting with a dealer principal in his office which was on the second floor overlooking the yard.

He didn't hesitate to interupt our discussion to pick up the phone and demand that a sales rep attend to the potential customers walking around the yard.
Some of them we've seen recently give the impression they are bestowing a privilege.
The guy at South Morang was quite pleasant.

kos

Reaction score
Members Ride
ZB Lt

Is that the dealer that used to be in large building corner of Southport Nerang Rd / Olsen Ave and has moved to a much smaller shared brand site 1 km east on Southport Nerang Rd?
Are you on the GC or Brisvegas?

arsevee

Reaction score
Members Ride
RS-V Sportwagon
Is that the dealer that used to be in large building corner of Southport Nerang Rd / Olsen Ave and has moved to a much smaller shared brand site 1 km east on Southport Nerang Rd?
Are you on the GC or Brisvegas?
Br-ce L-nton... :)

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
Salesman... " I'll go and see the sales manager to see if I can get a better price for you ."
Translation ....." I'm going to take a pee, and have a cup of coffee with the sales manger while we listen in on your conversation in my bugged office"

Shame that I am not in position to buy a new car, due to nil interest, nil desire, nil need.

benny66

Benno
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF MY14 Calais V ZB MY18 Calais V
I see there are some Calais V Tourer with prices around 33300 Plus stamp duty on Carsales today. This us from a dealer . I would say you could offer 30k plus stamp duty . Prices are plummeting As end of year dealers want to dump 2018 models so great time to buy a Calais V Tourer.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
^ Yeah, prices will drop further as the new year approaches.
Christmas shopping would be fun if i was looking for another car :cool:

benny66

Benno
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF MY14 Calais V ZB MY18 Calais V
Yes I think on 2020 a 2018 model sounds that much older and so the dealers are looking to clear the 2018 stock . I am watching the VXR prices as I have found now that the VXR in normal mode has smoother suspension than the Calais V this is as a result of the continuous damping which is a feature that comes on the upper priced BMW and Mercedes as well.