Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Bought a ZB

EOD132

Reaction score
Members Ride
2018 ZB Calais V
@i

That must make at least 3 ZB owners in Australia :D no one takes their test drive to a servo!
Must be at least 4 new owners because I also have a V6 Calais V. It is a great car and I have had many upmarket cars over many years. The only issue I have is with the quality of the reverse camera. Compared to many cheaper cars I think the quality is pathetic for a 60K car. I hope Holden rectify this problem soon or I will replace it with a different camera.

Gollywog69

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zb vxr
Picked up a new vxr and love it , traded a vf ssv 1 after it tried to kill me with a faulty power steering rack

Robdre

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY18 RS ZB Commodore 3.6L AWD
Picked up a new vxr and love it , traded a vf ssv 1 after it tried to kill me with a faulty power steering rack
Hi there, I bought myself a 2nd hand MY18 ZB RS on 4/11/19. I am totalling loving the new car. Way better than my VS, VT and VZ that I used to own.
So far could not be happier.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
A little more depreciation and they may be a fantastic buy (as spare parts for the VF's? :p) :)

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
upload_2019-11-13_15-25-45.gif

Mike Lowry

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Series II - Black Edition
+1 ZB owner here. VXR.

I'm in awe how many dis the ZB when they never drove it. I had a VF II SV6 Black Edition for 3 years from new. At 65K it was ageing badly:

• Timing chain was starting to become noisy
  • Rattles on the inside fittings
  • Aircon fan was whining (even on the low setting)
  • Satnav was ancient(no updates) so it was unusable
  • Bluetooth was iffy (would not connect or respond)
  • Wipers squeaked (brand new OEM installed at Holden)
  • Battery would die overnight as auto lights would not turn off / or it would turn on by itself (even during the day)
Yet... others seem to ignore these issues.

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
all it takes is a drive in a ZB , and most people are impressed

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
@Mike Lowry nothing wrong with the ZB from a driving perspective as I’m sure it’s rather good.

Many peoples issue’s were that it’s not perceived as being a true commodore, it doesn’t have a V8, it’s an orphan by virtue of GM selling Opel while depreciation and support may be a killer (support wise I think all Holdens including the VF will suffer in the longer term).

At the end of the day, even if depreciation is 100% after 3 years as a hypothetical, if you keep your cars for a long time, depreciation is irrelevant. Drive it and enjoy it and don’t be concerned what others think about your new pride and joy.

VFRDLN

Reaction score
Members Ride
ZB CalaisV Tourer
Depreciation is a killer on all cars and the more you spend the more you loose. I initially looked at the ZB when they first hit the market as I was impressed with the new tech and like the look of the wagons. At that stage I had a VF 1 SSV Redline and out of the 3 dealers I visited none were jnterested in the ZB and I knew more about them from looking on the web than the sales staff did. One dealer was trying to convince me to buy a new VF2 Redline but I said I wanted a new car with modern safety tech, oh no she said the VF2 is new but had no reply when I said it was still an old car under the skin and is void of any modern safety tech. I lost interest at that point and am glad I did as I was able to buy my CalaisV tourer with all the accessories I wanted for $20K less than retail last month. Mine was already registered and had just over 400km on the clock but was an absolute bargain for what it is.

Mike Lowry

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Series II - Black Edition
CalaisV tourer with all the accessories I wanted for $20K less than retail last month. Mine was already registered and had just over 400km on the clock but was an absolute bargain for what it is.

$20K less?