Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

BP buys Woolworths Petrol Stations

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
There is a new BP on either side of the highway heading south on the freeway, 7 c/L dearer than Bunbury. I can't see it being good for consumers, only BP and Woolies.

Drawnnite

Obviously Unsensible
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Vs Ute
I don't necessarily see them rebranding or doing anything else, especially as there are plenty of servos close to each other. For example our woollies and BP are about 300m apart, would be funny seeing them both as BP
Wouldn't be surprised if all they do is keep it going as is.
Probably means they can use their already large distribution channels and reap in more profits.

plenty of companies are out there that own multiple businesses in the same industry and people wouldn't be any the wiser of it.

CalaisNQ

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II Calais V V8 , VS Calais, VS Ute & VZ SV6
I don't necessarily see them rebranding or doing anything else, especially as there are plenty of servos close to each other. For example our woollies and BP are about 300m apart, would be funny seeing them both as BP
Wouldn't be surprised if all they do is keep it going as is.
Probably means they can use their already large distribution channels and reap in more profits.

plenty of companies are out there that own multiple businesses in the same industry and people wouldn't be any the wiser of it.

Are yes they will have to rebrand the sites, can't be Caltex Woolworths Servo's if neither Woolworths or Caltex are involved.
But by the news report, BP will have about 12 months to figure out how they will rebrand the sites.
BP them selves may sell off, rebrand, or even close some of the servo's, I guess we will see after the ACCC, & co, finish their review of the deal.

SuckSqueezeBangBlow

Reaction score
Members Ride
Heroin White VF2 SS Wagon
We have Caltex and BP about 1.5km apart.
I'll bet they close down/sell the busy Caltex site so that people use the usually dead Jack & Co BP servo instead.

Drawnnite

Obviously Unsensible
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Vs Ute
Are yes they will have to rebrand the sites, can't be Caltex Woolworths Servo's if neither Woolworths or Caltex are involved.
But by the news report, BP will have about 12 months to figure out how they will rebrand the sites.
BP them selves may sell off, rebrand, or even close some of the servo's, I guess we will see after the ACCC, & co, finish their review of the deal.

Probably didn't explain myself too well.
I doubt they would want to rebrand them away from saying Woolworths, obviously Caltex being a competitor they would remove that part, but why wouldn't they want to have it so that it looks like 2 different places?
Cannot see anywhere (have been through a fair few articles) it says that Woolworths isn't still going to be the "naming rights" of the stations. Basically what I read is that it will change from Caltex to now BP supplying the fuel. Which funnily enough, generally comes from the same refineries anyway. And when you read deeper, if they don't have the supply network, then they may as well just end up using Caltex and their supply networks to deliver the fuels.

and then there is the next part, what can you do on an ex fuels site?
worked at one place next to an empty site in absolute prime location. turns out the empty site used to be a refinery, and because they pulled it down they now cannot do anything there. Simply put, it isn't easy to put anything where a fuel station used to be located.

wombat tow

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf ss sedan

Some of the sites will be rebranded Woolworth metro, a new concept they are going to try before they roll it out everywhere