Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Brake Booster Fault

308vkcalais

DIO..
Reaction score
Adelaide(City of Godbothers)Churches S.A.
Members Ride
308 VK Calais, VK EFI Berlina, V6 VN & Kenworth...
Bosses Berlina(hers)had brake troubles.Brakes were working but it felt like i was trying to stop a truck.Every time i put my foot on the brake it would stall.I read lots of posts on here about how to fix it & ppl doing Yoga under the dash, howeva i'm a big fella & that wasnt gunna happen
Armed with knowledge i felt confident(wrong..!!)Worst part was trying to remove the brake pedal clip FFS.After lots of swearing & a few tanties i ripped out the whole columm.Overkill maybe, but i could then gain reasonable access to this flaming clip.Anyway i got the swine out.It was the rubber diaphram between the master Cylinder & the Booster itself.The correct name of the part escapes me atm but it was called a 4 letter word lots today...

308vkcalais

DIO..
Reaction score
Adelaide(City of Godbothers)Churches S.A.
Members Ride
308 VK Calais, VK EFI Berlina, V6 VN & Kenworth...
Anyone taking out the steering columm u will need a long extension bar to reach the furthest bolt holding the columm above the brake pedal.I used a 450mm extension bar with a 19/32 socket.