Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

brake issue!!! help please

paynetrainvy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy executive s2
i replaced the rotors and pads on my vy v6 sedan on the weekend and my missus took it out yesterday for a drive and when she came back the wheels were all wet, she told me she heard a really bad screaching noise when she was breaking so she stopped into car lovers and used the high presure water on the rotors thinking there was dust on there now the squeel all the time when breaking!! has she just ****ed all 4 brand new rotors ????

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
Hmmm.... interesting... the rotors and pads could still be bedding in I guess...

Although most porbably it's just a fine layer of rust will have formed and just needs to wear off...

Should go away over the next few days driving...

I know my brakes get a touch squealy when its cold and even moreso when its cold and wet.

When your missus sprayed them it would have been more water getting into them than during normal road use plus they would have been cooled quickly by the water...

Nothing major... though watering down hot rotors isn't advisable...

Good luck and yeah... should go away in the next few days of normal use...

lastlegend

Phantom VY SS
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 Black VY SS + 1999 Silver VT Olympic Sedan
Hi,

Just changed my rotors to curved slotted with new Calipers and pads and I had the very same issue but after a couple of days the pads have bedded in and the noise has gone.....

caaf

Reaction score
Website
www.aurfscan.com.au
Members Ride
VYII Equipe S/wagon V6
When replacing pads you must follow bedding procedure's as I strongly advise not to just bang them on and she'll be right attitude ;)

cpbait

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss commodore 5.7ltr
When replacing pads you must follow bedding procedure's as I strongly advise not to just bang them on and she'll be right attitude ;)

thats it, also what pads did you use, found that some after market pads have a sharp edge on the pads and if you just take this of the pads by giving them a slight angled edge all round they'll be better and depending what the pads are made from, the more heavy duty metalic type pads(material used) tend to make more of a noise than your softer style pads.

lastlegend

Phantom VY SS
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 Black VY SS + 1999 Silver VT Olympic Sedan