Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Brake issues.

uglyoldfatbastard

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 SV6, 2010 International, 1996 VS Exec
front-bendix-brake-pads-and-disc-rotors-set-for-holden-commodore-ve-vf-v6-06-17-kit-969.jpg

bluehighway

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais International
Is that a replacement braided line also is that a kink in the metal u bend or is it just gunk sitting on it? When your bleeding get someone to see if its pumping out a good flow... try the old skool way... open nipple... foot down slow but firm all the way shut nipple at foot right down to the floor... peddle up while still shut off ... repeat foot down a few times (if required) until all air out ...then when satisfied all air is out... shut the nipple off about half way on a peddle down . Is possible the master cylinder might not have liked the piston being forced back .... My advice is get an expert to sort it .

Last edited:

stick3

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz sedan vs ute gsx1400
Is that a replacement braided line also is that a kink in the metal u bend? Hard to tell by the pic
yes braided hose from safebrake only because its of the ground but plenty of slack when it on the ground

Blur

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 Holden commodore wagon
Cheers for your help guys. Sorted it now. Was a calliper alignment. Issue. Something is out of wack in there. Also had an issue with one of the rear handbrake shoes missing its pad and floating around the inner hub. That’s the last time I get a so called mechanic to do any work on my cars!

chrisp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 MY16 SS Redline Sportwagon
Cheers for your help guys. Sorted it now. Was a calliper alignment. Issue. Something is out of wack in there. Also had an issue with one of the rear handbrake shoes missing its pad and floating around the inner hub. That’s the last time I get a so called mechanic to do any work on my cars!

Wow! there is only one handbrake shoe in the rear brakes, it's a large C-shaped one but I think it could have two separate ‘pads‘ on it.

Your post reminds my that there were reports that the police used to over rely on the automatic handbrake release - the handbrake will release itself if you hit the throttle. Apparently, it gives an impressive launch. But the downside was that it was prone to ripping the pads off the handbrake shoe.