Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Brake job quote . Is it excessive ?

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
I can't see any real advantage either of those 2 devices have over a good old One man bleeder kit or just a length of hose and a container. Giving the brake pedal a few pumps the old fashioned way will flush the master cylinder better than trying to suck it, or pump it out from the callipers
Cleaner, quicker, easier when the lines are full of air or cannot be easily gravity bled where there’s not much height difference between master and slave. Gives you much more control.

Trust me, it’s a real timesaver. I always suck the fluid out of the master first and wipe out the reservoir and then fill with new fluid and bleed.

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
If your doing cars with ABS then before pressing back the brake pistons to fit new pads crack the nipple bleeder first, with a tube hooked on the nipple going into something of course, stops the fluid from pushing back up the lines.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
If your doing cars with ABS then before pressing back the brake pistons to fit new pads crack the nipple bleeder first, with a tube hooked on the nipple going into something of course, stops the fluid from pushing back up the lines.

You do it the hard way....No need to crack the bleeder nipples to replace brake pads and rotors, even with ABS fitted