Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Brake lights w/headlights question

tas_tig3r

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Calais
Hello again everyone!

So, after getting the rear windows fixed, I have a new issue with my brake/tail lights.

When I brake during the day/headlights off, all 4 rear lights + eye-level lamp turn on. However, with the headlights on, normally the 4 tail lamps are lit, then when under braking, the top 2 tail lamps turn off, the bottom 2 get brighter, and the eye-level turns on. Is this correct? Just doesn't seem right to me...

I have checked all the globes, and even replaced them with spares I had lying around. Any info would be much appreciated!

-tas

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
I'd say it was an earthing issue. Check all the earths in the boot, make sure they are clean and tight, as well as the globe sockets. Make sure they are clean and dry and free from corrosion.

Circlotron

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Exec 5L BT1 ex cop, ex taxi
Yep, check where the earth wire goes into the globe sockets. Where the wire connects to the metal bit in the socket that touches the side of the globe will probably be sus. I fixed mine some time ago and it even made the windscreen squirter work better. Can even make the dashboard instruments play up according to some people.

FXST01

The Grey Man
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP V6 Exec
Check that you have the correct type of globes as well.