Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Brake Lines

HÝPÕ-5L

Reaction score
Website
profile.myspace.com
Members Ride
Blown V8 94 VR Manual Ute
Hey all, on my car im thinkin of doing my own brake lines with braided lines,

So from the booster all the way to the caliper but im not too sure if it would work? can anyone tell me?

Would the hose flex too much and loose performance?

Cheers

VK SL 3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK SL 5spd
Errm, Why? im not brake expert but the metal brake line is better then the braided line im pretty sure so why dont you want to just replace the oem rubber hose with a braided one? Or are we going for the WOW factor, or just to look cool or something? But yeh you could do it but it would cost a fortune.

HÝPÕ-5L

Reaction score
Website
profile.myspace.com
Members Ride
Blown V8 94 VR Manual Ute
im just curious thats all.

VK SL 3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK SL 5spd
Well its possible but pointless as the idea of braided lines is to limit the swelling or expansion you get with a conventional rubber hose which then gives a more firm pedal feel. There is no need to run braided lines from master to caliper, although it could look pretty cool, because the metal lines do not swell and the brake fluid gets pushed directly through them without some of its pressure being lost through expansion.

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
stick with ur metal lines to each hub, then if you want, braided from there to the calipers. u can chrome up ur lines, or get new ones n have them chromed the replace them in one hit.

u will have to get it engineered if u want to go braided from master to calipers. not worth it in cost imho

justbad4you

IF YOR NOT A HOLDEN
Reaction score
Members Ride
97 VT BERLINA/ 98 VS SIII MALOO (RED) LX SLR5000
thats for sure.leave the metal brake line and do the rest of the hoses(not metal piping) do the hoses in brade(braided lines have flex and im not sue if it would work in replacment of solid steel lines?......i
Errm, Why? im not brake expert but the metal brake line is better then the braided line im pretty sure so why dont you want to just replace the oem rubber hose with a braided one? Or are we going for the WOW factor, or just to look cool or something? But yeh you could do it but it would cost a fortune.

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Braided brake lines fitted to registered vehicles,used to be illegal in NSW years ago..I knew a few blokes who got done for fitting them and they had to go back to using rubber lines.The laws must have changed at some time though.I dont get why they would have ruled them to be illegal for use on the road though anyway.They give better brake pedal feel as they expand less under pressure..You can also get fake braided lines.These are rubber lines with a braided sleeve over the top of the rubber line.I dont know if they were ever illegal or not.