Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Brake lines

Bax

Projecting
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing
any of you guys ever replaced brake lines?

turns out the panel beater didn't like the idea of mine being straight, so they're bent beyond all recognition?

any ideas?

so far im leaning towards letting the mechanic deal with it

harry3

Reaction score
Members Ride
vl berlina wagon 6cyl
the metal lines are usually bent to shape and the end fittings then attached, Ive never done it, maybe they are available, already shaped from a holden dealer or somewhere, also check the rubber hoses

Bax

Projecting
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing
yeah rubber hoses should be sweet, they were fine beforehand.

its just pretty much where all the hoses come up to the m/c they've taken a handful of stuff to move it away from the firewall and dragged it.

i'd rebend them into shape but they are well and truly screwed. i know you can buy rolls of it and bend it to shape yourself.. that was an option, i just can't find where to buy it from.

Girl Torque

VL Calais 5L
Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Calais.. etc
you need to get a hose bending kit or go somewhere to get it done as it kinks easily then it's stuffed. Also you need the flaring kit for the end fittings. When using hoses, just remember to use the ones for brake lines/fluid :) Can't remember where we've bought our stuff from - maybe ABS (specific brake place) or somewhere like that