Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Brake Master Cylinder Assembly

VB304

Reaction score
Members Ride
VB 304
Hi All,

Does anyone have a breakdown or exploded diagram of how a VR 15/16” master cylinder goes together?

I’ve got the spool with the circlip sorted but need to know what order all the bits in the other side with the allen key plug go back together.

Cheers

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
There is a free vs manual among these that show it but not sure if its the same.

Holden VS Commodore Workshop Manual.pdf

121.9Mb

Download

There you go Lover just to make it easer for you to find..

Last edited:

vs-lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 Calais, VS S2 Exec Wagon, VS S2 Acclaim
The following should be all you need without trawling through all the above stuff.

The exploded view below is of a VR Master Cylinder as the VS had a revised unit fitted and was somewhat different altogether. (incorrect ! see update statement below)
upload_2020-1-30_6-22-52.png

UPDATE !

I've done some further looking and the above image is from the same book as Trevor the brainwiz put a link up on this thread. Ofcourse it's from the unreliable Max Ellery series of books which are forever incorrect as it says 1993~97 and the master cylinders are quite different from VR to VS, but nothing is reflected in that book.

The above image is infact a VS unit and NOT a VR as I've suggested.

If there's one big point I've learnt out of all this and that is to stop looking at 3rd party books as most of them are wrong on many accounts.

From now on I'll only look in the Genuine HOLDEN Service Manuals as they are 99.9% correct, unlike Ellery's rubbish. I've paid enough for them so why I'm looking at other peoples Internet Free links has got me beat.

Last edited:

VB304

Reaction score
Members Ride
VB 304
Cheers guys, I appreciate the effort but my master cylinder looks different to those so I’m assuming VR is different to VS.
Mine has a second larger diameter spring in the proportion of valve side. I’ll keep hunting.

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Cheers guys, I appreciate the effort but my master cylinder looks different to those so I’m assuming VR is different to VS.
Mine has a second larger diameter spring in the proportion of valve side. I’ll keep hunting.
Maybe a library near you might have a book. Or ask Holden and see if they can email you the diagram worth a go.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
To the OP you probably need to say what the MC is off as ute is different to wagon and sedan, I'm not sure if sedan and wagon use the same MC either? This might help you get the correct diagram.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
@Trevor loves holden., I’d have left all the links within your post as others may have found them helpful for other reasons. And don’t worry about the plagiarism comment as we are not working on authorship of individual works here, just trying to provide helpful to others :p and manuals, any manuals can be helpful to others ;)

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore

stick3

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz sedan vs ute gsx1400
you may have a vs -vy m/c where the brake lines screw in is how you tell the difference from a vr

VB304

Reaction score
Members Ride
VB 304
Hi all, found a manual online for a VN which looks the same as the MC so all sorted. Cheers for all the help!