Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Brake Pad Issue

aussie86999

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Series 11
Hi all,
wondering if someone can please help? I'm just changing my brake pads on my VS series 11 wagon on the front which was all simple and fine, I pushed the piston back in to allow more room but it seems the pads gap is not lined up with the gap on the caliper for the rotor. Is it possible to adjust the slider bolts to line up the gap of the caliper to the pads?

It seems like what to do but I don't want to touch these without knowing and all the instructions I have read on this just say to remove old pads, push piston in, put in new pads and refit calipers but the calipers wont fit because too much pad is over the gap on the outer side and on the piston side it seems to have more room to be able to come across if this all makes sense. Thanks

Jason

ashleysnep

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
355 VN GRP A REP
From what I can gather you need to pull the caliper accross towards you more. This is what the slider pins are for, not that they should need adjusting or that they even can be?

Pictures would help with more detailed answers.

justbad4you

IF YOR NOT A HOLDEN
Reaction score
Members Ride
97 VT BERLINA/ 98 VS SIII MALOO (RED) LX SLR5000
jason,,,,post a few pics and we can take a look see and let you know whats up......cheeeers
Hi all,
wondering if someone can please help? I'm just changing my brake pads on my VS series 11 wagon on the front which was all simple and fine, I pushed the piston back in to allow more room but it seems the pads gap is not lined up with the gap on the caliper for the rotor. Is it possible to adjust the slider bolts to line up the gap of the caliper to the pads?

It seems like what to do but I don't want to touch these without knowing and all the instructions I have read on this just say to remove old pads, push piston in, put in new pads and refit calipers but the calipers wont fit because too much pad is over the gap on the outer side and on the piston side it seems to have more room to be able to come across if this all makes sense. Thanks

Jason

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Mate does the bracket on the caliper slide back and forth on the guide pins easily,it should be free to slide along the pins,if not, pull the bracket part right out of the caliper, and clean it up,and then lubricate the slide pins with a tiny amount of high melting point grease.