Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Brake Pads ( Dust City )

MattK

Reaction score
Members Ride
05 VZ V6
I dont know whats on the car At The Moment ( ATM ) , but they are dust city ... Clean the rims , go for a few short drives and they are dusty ...
Not only that , but the grip from those pads is ( ?? ) questionable ...

My brothers Toy @ 5kmh , if you just lean on the break with your foot gently ... The car will pull up fast enough to drive you through the windshield ...
VZ on the other hand with the same amount of force applied would barely notice ( or slow down for that matter ) ...

So I went on fleaBay and got these ....

2z7h8c4.jpg

If the pads work ok , I will replace the rear pads as well ...

Last edited by a moderator:

loopie

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx
I dont know whats on the car At The Moment ( ATM ) , but they are dust city ... Clean the rims , go for a few short drives and they are dusty ...
Not only that , but the grip from those pads is ( ?? ) questionable ...

My brothers Toy @ 5kmh , if you just lean on the break with your foot gently ... The car will pull up fast enough to drive you through the windshield ...
VZ on the other hand with the same amount of force applied would barely notice ( or slow down for that matter ) ...

So I went on fleaBay and got these ....

2z7h8c4.jpg

If the pads work ok , I will replace the rear pads as well ...

DUSTY pads equals cheap ****,,, for cheap $$ use bendix no dust

Last edited by a moderator:

Ozzie

JCCC Warrnambool
Reaction score
Members Ride
Ozzie'z Supercharged VY Calais
I swear by Bendix Ultra Premiums

They are not the cheapest but last a while and no squeal or dust.
You get what you pay for in brake pads remember that.

petern64

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz ss 6lt , 2017 Mustang GT , 2021 BT50 SP
I recently did a rotor and pad change front and rear, the front discs are DBA and the rears are a different brand ( can't remember off hand the brand ) I put Brembo pads front and rear. I get less dust up front compared to the rears, I'm thinking rotor material also makes a difference to dust .

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Brake pads wear. As they wear they generate dust. The faster they wear the more dust that is generated. If you think you don't get any dust, wipe a white rag on the rim and you will see it. Some pads have a lighter colour dust than others so you don't notice it as much.

exec24

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina Series 2
I have always used Bendix General CT both my cars with the exception of the last time, when i went to change my VY's Front Pads i could only get Bendix ultimate's (car has the Holden by design optional brakes with the larger front calipers)

I found the Bendix ultimate's to create a huge amount of black dust, my front wheels were pitch black a day or 2 after washing it, i had enough last month and bought a new set of Bendix General CT front pads, i had to get genuine rear pads (PBR) as the listing Bendix has on there website for the Holden by design brakes is wrong

wheels stay alot cleaner now