Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

brake pedal vacuum hose

Fortch

Reaction score
Members Ride
vl calais
hello i'm assembling a vl calais which has come to me in pieces my question is were does the vacuum hose from the brake pedal connect to

vs-lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 Calais, VS S2 Exec Wagon, VS S2 Acclaim
RB30 or V8 ?

vs-lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
It fits onto a fitting at the rear of the plenum. That's the big alloy part on the drivers side of the engine.

Fortch

Reaction score
Members Ride
vl calais
It fits onto a fitting at the rear of the plenum. That's the big alloy part on the drivers side of the engine.
hello thanks you wouldn't know the routing of the hose(photo maybe) as the hose seems quite long and were your describing is very close to the brake pedal

vs-lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
I'll check out my parts manual.

Update.

Well I've just looked in the illustrations section and it clearly shows a short hose going from the booster fitting across to the back of the plenum. This is exactly as I recall it on my VL Berlina when I changed my standard booster to the larger twin diaphragm VH-512 unit that is fitted on Turbo and V8 models with the 4 disc brake set up.

What I feel you have is the V8 hose which is rather lengthy as it goes from the booster to a vacuum fitting mounted in the valley (inlet manifold). Alternatively it could also be an original turbo hose which is quite long but it is supposed to have a loop in it thus making it much longer than the standard NA RB30 that just jumps across from the booster to the plenum.

One must ask the question is what you have there as a car all original or something that's been played with by some kid that's been mixed and matched to whatever works, this is probably what's leading you up the garden path to the land of confusion.

Last edited:

Fortch

Reaction score
Members Ride
vl calais
I'll check out my parts manual.

Update.

Well I've just looked in the illustrations section and it clearly shows a short hose going from the booster fitting across to the back of the plenum. This is exactly as I recall it on my VL Berlina when I changed my standard booster to the larger twin diaphragm VH-512 unit that is fitted on Turbo and V8 models with the 4 disc brake set up.

What I feel you have is the V8 hose which is rather lengthy as it goes from the booster to a vacuum fitting mounted in the valley (inlet manifold). Alternatively it could also be an original turbo hose which is quite long but it is supposed to have a loop in it thus making it much longer than the standard NA RB30 that just jumps across from the booster to the plenum.

One must ask the question is what you have there as a car all original or something that's been played with by some kid that's been mixed and matched to whatever works, this is probably what's leading you up the garden path to the land of confusion.
Hello the question was the hose that goes from the brake pedal not the brake booster

vs-lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
Oh ok, the Cruise Contol cancelling is done via the dual action brake light switch which has two plugs attaching to it. One for the brake lights and the other to disable the CC. I'm not aware of any vacuum connection to the brake pedal whatsoever. The only place any vacuum hose is going to is the A/C control assembly which is vacuum operated.