Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

brake question for ls2 upgrade in vs clubsport

clubby_you

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs clubsport
Hey guys i have decided to modify my 97 vs clubsport.
I am putting in a ve 6.0l ls2 & 6 speed manual thats not the problem.
(besides finding a wrecked ve aka impossible)
What i want to know is will ve hsv or vz hsv brakes bolt on and if so what adaptors and so on will i need to do it.
I dont want vt as the plan is to procharge the ls2 aswell so i need some decent stopping power i see some one on here has ap calipers on his vs clubby i know hsv brakes are just ap calipers but do any just bolt on.
Cheers doug

hsvpunk

volunteer firefighter
Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss II M6
no idea about the brakes, but you better start a thread on doing this, as i think it will be mint. Good Luck.

clubby_you

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs clubsport
You are legally required to fit the brakes from the model the engine came from anyway, so VZ HSV at a minimum. They won't bolt on but you can get kits that will fit. Remember its front AND rear.

umm no all i have to is pass a braking decelarometer test mate i can use what ever brakes a please.

danja

Swerves for gay koalas
Reaction score
Members Ride
CBF 250 and a Levin ZR

pando666

milk comes in 2 litres
Reaction score
Members Ride
vs exec
8000 big ones for brakes if I spent that much I'd want the car to lift the rear wheels of the ground.

groberr

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr equipe
hey mate,

i too are going to be dumping an ls2 and m6 in a vr,allthought will not be till i get funds would say in the next 2 years lol. as far as your question goes i have read sumwere that u can get adapter plates to fit the vz brakes on the vr-vs models so shouldnt be too much of a worry. please make a thread on this wen you start the conversion.