Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Brake setup

MidZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais
Ok guys I need to know a good braking setup on the VP calais. Currently im just running stock brakes etc. Im due for brake replacing but im thinking of going abit further and replacing the Rotors, wheel bearings (they need replacing to) and Brake pads. What are good reliable brands for these products?

P.S Dad and I can install em ourselves so wont need to pay for installation or anything.

Thankz

pandaman

Aussie Muscle Fan
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Berlina 5.0 A4
The VT upgrade seems to be the way to go, I'm gonna do it this summer hopefully along with a couple of other things. Only thing you'd really need that isn't included in most kits is a bigger master cylinder.

H

HATER VP

VT Calipers, Hub adabtors, VT Rotors, Brake hoses that go from VT Calipers to VP Brake lines. Or you can get genuine brake lines and have the fitting added on.
All of the above cost me $510. Which was very cheap for what I got.

cohn

VN28CN
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Calais Turbo
yeah the VT brakes are the go, i got mine in when i brough the car with a bigger master bore and slotteds all round, the thing stops real good.

MidZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais
Did you fit them by urself Hater vp? Also where did you buy them? Would Holden sell them to me?

pandaman

Aussie Muscle Fan
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Berlina 5.0 A4

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
try hopper stoppers, they do complete packages except the 1" master cylinder which you can get from repco for the VP V8

www.hoppers.com.au

H

HATER VP

MidZ said:
Did you fit them by urself Hater vp? Also where did you buy them? Would Holden sell them to me?

Yeah fitted them myself. Got the stuff from a few different places, all at discounted rates. Lines are VT with a VP Fitting on the end which i needed made up. Holden would probly still do most of it, but not the hub adabtors.

PaRaDoX

Because Racecouch...
Reaction score
Members Ride
none
braking ?? who needs braking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yeah im looking into slotted rotors my self...

but the twin piston (i think) VT upgrade would be nice
how much work would it require to fit 2001 HSV front rotors to a vn?? because im getting some for free off my boss who is getting bigger ones