Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Brake Squealing Woes

sidespyder

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS
Hi

I have a 2008 VE SS that I upgraded with the CTS-V 6 piston front / 4 piston rear + DBA slotted rotors upgrade.

A week after install I began to get horrible squeal once the brakes were warm, squeal from about 40km to 0km braking - super loud.

Took it back to the installer - they removed the pads and roughed them up / skimmed them + greased all the back of the pads again - it made it worse.

Installer shop gave up so I took it to a reputable brake shop.

Did a bunch of research and ditched the DBA pads (thought DBA rotor + pad would be pain free combo - go figure) and found Hawk HPS pads rated highly in the Jeep community as they are the same size pads as the SRT8.

Brake shop machined all the rotors and installed new pads - no squeal for a week - now its back again.

Took it to a secluded road for bedding - twice, got them really hot and smelly, no joy.

Here is a picture of a rotor, they all look like this:

Capture.jpg

Anyone have any ideas of what I can possibly do? It's tough to live with as they scream from 40-50km/h down to 0km which is a lot in the city - in any undercover garage parking its ear bleeding loud.

I've dumped so much cash into this upgrade and its just been a headache (literally) from day 1 :)