Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Brake upgrade from SSV to SSVR Brembo's - Take 2

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
My understanding is its just the master cylinder that is different not the booster.

This is the old info I have on file.

VF2 SS & SSV – Standard Factory Brakes

Front

Twin Piston

Piston Sizes 2x42mm

Non Asbestos Organic Pads

321x30mm Rotor

----------------------------------------------

VF2 SS & SSV – Factory Upgrade – Front Only

Front

Single Piston

Piston Size 1x60mm

Low Metallic Pads

345x30mm Rotor

Plus Upgraded Master Cylinder

-----------------------------------------------

VF2 SSV Redline – Standard Factory Brakes

Front

4 Piston Brembo

Piston Sizes are 2x40mm & 2x44mm

Low Metallic Pads

355x32mm Vented Rotors

Rear

4 Piston Brembo

Piston Sizes are 2x28mm & 2x32mm

Low Metallic Pads

360x28mm Vented Rotors

Upgraded Master Cylinder is standard fitment

Smashfist

Reaction score
Members Ride
440rwhp Cammed VF Ute
I checked the parts catalogue when I did my upgrade, at the time the booster was the same, the master was a different p/n.

jono67

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 S1 Calais V Sportwagon V6
Hi guys, about to hit the button on this upgrade, but before I go spending $ on new HSVi HF-20 wheels to fit the Brembos, can anyone answer the following question:

Stamped on the inside of my current rims (so this is a May 2015 Series 1 SSV) it has the size stamped thus: 19x8.5 JIS48

Holden part number for these rims are 92250208GM.

So question is, would the 48 by any chance represent the offset as I cannot find anything relating to the JIS48 bit?

According to the following website, my rim offset should be 40, not 48 like the Redline rims:

https://www.wheel-size.com/size/holden/commodore/2015/#trim-60-audm-362

But, I did my own measurements and I work out that the offset is actually 48. I have an inquiry in with Holden technical to find out if the 48 is the offset, but am still waiting (and waiting) for a reply.

If mine do actually have an offset of 48, that gives a definitive answer to age old question as to whether SSV wheels fit Brembo brakes. I know I think Cashie had a thread about them fitting under his wheels, but the wheels he had on his car differed to that on mine.

jono67

Reaction score
Members Ride
For those interested, I finally got an answer back from Holden, this is what the 'JIS 48' means:

"JIS stands for Japanese Industrial Standard. This is the governing body in Japan that control and stipulate standards for Industry in quality and manufacture. These standards are often recognised worldwide. JIS 48 relates to metal and metal alloy as used in the wheel".

So there goes my theory. I have emailed back and asked them for the offset of my rims, so even though I worked it out at 48 (that was with the tyre on unfortunately, so could not accurately work it out from the dead centre of the rim), I am assuming that's wrong, and they will be 40.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
Hi guys, about to hit the button on this upgrade, but before I go spending $ on new HSVi HF-20 wheels to fit the Brembos, can anyone answer the following question:

Stamped on the inside of my current rims (so this is a May 2015 Series 1 SSV) it has the size stamped thus: 19x8.5 JIS48

Holden part number for these rims are 92250208GM.

So question is, would the 48 by any chance represent the offset as I cannot find anything relating to the JIS48 bit?

According to the following website, my rim offset should be 40, not 48 like the Redline rims:

https://www.wheel-size.com/size/holden/commodore/2015/#trim-60-audm-362

But, I did my own measurements and I work out that the offset is actually 48. I have an inquiry in with Holden technical to find out if the 48 is the offset, but am still waiting (and waiting) for a reply.

If mine do actually have an offset of 48, that gives a definitive answer to age old question as to whether SSV wheels fit Brembo brakes. I know I think Cashie had a thread about them fitting under his wheels, but the wheels he had on his car differed to that on mine.
Stock SSV VF wheels WILL definitely clear ssv redline brembo brakes...

jono67

Reaction score
Members Ride
Thanks Ron. I did get an email back from Holden confirming my rims are a 40 offset. Whilst they might clear the Brembos, I'm worried that the small clearance there might be, might not be enough and I don't want any issues once I've put them on.

Anyhoo, there was a thread on here a couple of years ago by cashie asking members to post pics of the HSVi HF-20 wheels on their cars as he was looking at upgrading. Whilst they are almost identical to my current rims, the larger diameter does look better in my opinion along with the rebate that runs around the rim itself, so I'll still go that way I think.

jono67

Reaction score
Members Ride
I have redline 4 piston brakes on vf sv6, and they do fit under ssv series 1 wheels, no spacers, been on the car for 5 months now, done twisty roads, freeways.....8-9000 km so far and no clearance issues at all. Also SSV wheels are et48, mine are.
https://forums.justcommodores.com.au/threads/vf-front-brembo-with-ssv-wheels.273705/#post-2992632
Hi Nenad, yeah I did come across your thread a while ago when researching. The clearance looked small from your pics, but if you've now done 8-9000km with no issues then perhaps it is all good.

How do you know your wheels (they are the same as mine) are et48? According to Holden they are et40, but my measurements with the tyre on came to 48 as I said above. Forg said in your thread, perhaps they had the manufacturer keep the offset the same as the Redline wheels???

Nenad

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6 STORM
Clearance is small, but lets be honest, there is a lot of cars that come with a mm clearance from factory, i took my wheels off and it said et48.
dont bother calling holden, they dont know what wheel come on what car, let alone knowing the et of a wheel. lol

jono67

Reaction score
Members Ride
Clearance is small, but lets be honest, there is a lot of cars that come with a mm clearance from factory, i took my wheels off and it said et48.
dont bother calling holden, they dont know what wheel come on what car, let alone knowing the et of a wheel. lol
Yeah I have a mate who has a VFII and I looked at his clearance, it wasn't much.

Where did it say et48, on the inside face of the spokes, or inside the rim itself (ie if you have a tyre fitted you can't see it)? There are quite a few markings stamped on the inside face of the spokes, but none of them give the et.