Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Brake upgrade kits

SnowDoggyDogg

2ltr? = Only milk & juice
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen F GTS
I was torn about getting braided lines too until I rode in my mates Evo where he had that setup. The car was a monster around the track and fun to drive until we hit stop start traffic on the way home. The slightest touch had us pulling to a dead stop and nearly caused an accident by me until I got the feel right.
My car is never going to be anything other than a street car which my wife drives daily with the grommets in the back.
I just wanted something that could handle our trips through the winding hinterland without feeling like the next corner was going to be the last. Once you load the kids, prams and all the other gear you need with a family taking multiple corners on 15+ degree declines isn't pleasant.
In all fairness I probably only needed front brembos but I think it makes the car look awkward and I got new 4 pots all around for cheaper than the fronts would cost.

lowrider636

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 SSV Redline Series 2
definitely worth the extra money for quality rotors and braided lines

mark7

Reaction score
Members Ride
06 VE V8 Calais V/ 08 VE Omega
Looking real nice! Figure I will have to use ebay to get a better deal but should save enough on rotors and calipers to spend it on the lines.

hmas statey

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs2 statesman
Can you tell me the part numbers for the parts you have fitted for that upgrade ?

SnowDoggyDogg

2ltr? = Only milk & juice
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen F GTS
Amazon.com is awesome for calipers + pins. Just plug in the GM or AC Delco parts numbers and your laughing... I saw some calipers for $65 USD brand new.

hmas statey

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs2 statesman
Can any body tell me the part numbers of the parts used and where they got them ??

mark7

Reaction score
Members Ride
06 VE V8 Calais V/ 08 VE Omega
2004 07 Cadillac cts V 4 Piston Brembo Front Rear Calipers w Brake Pads Pins | eBay

Give this one a read megzee. I was about to get these but after currency conversion it comes out expensive.

Also, after forgetting about my offset of my wheels I now have concerns the above brakes won't fit under. Is there a minimum or recommended offset for these brakes? Couldn't find anything googling. I'm currently sitting on Lexani lss-10 20 inch.

lowrider636

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 SSV Redline Series 2
I got my calipers from ebay from USA .. Prices can vary depending whats available .. I got the 2 calipers and shipping for $500 aus .. And $40 odd for the pin kit shipped .. And the rotors and pads i got from brakes direct on the net for $600 . And got the braided lines for $285 from brakesafe ..