Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Brake upgrade VS Q - from this forum shop

Adzzaman

Powered By Buick
Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore
Ive got them sitting here at home. Mates got them on his vr and says there great. Only thing im doing is getting better pads to use as the ones that come with it are dodgy.

Last edited:
S

Sleak_VS

I have recently purchased them, but ****ed if I can get my old rotors off. So If and when I get them off I will let you know.

PS. how the **** do you get these old rotors off.

jagsy

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV Manta Sedan VSII
Another question really:

Has anyone got any specs or knows the difference between VS and VT-VZ front callipers?

Has anyone had experience of using VT-VZ callipers on a VS after changing them?

TheForgotten

only human......
Reaction score
Website
www.holdenscene.com
Members Ride
VR EXEC
jagsy said:
Has anyone purchased the brake upgrade kit as follows:

http://shop.justcommodores.com.au/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=4&products_id=80

What are they like?

What make are callipers?

What make are rotors?
VT/VZ callipers... not bought them myself, but never heard anything bad except spongy pedal in a few cases.
PBR I think make them, but don't quote me
Sleak_VS said:
how the **** do you get these old rotors off.
pull the wheel off, and using a rubber mallet, hit behind the rotor, then turn 180 degrees and hit. eventually it'll come off, but don't hit too hard as the bearing can die horribly

jagsy said:
Another question really:

Has anyone got any specs or knows the difference between VS and VT-VZ front callipers?

Has anyone had experience of using VT-VZ callipers on a VS after changing them?
VT/Z calipers are twin piston, vr/s are single. mounting holes are same for vr-vz but rotor hub is bigger post vt. not 100% sure but I think the rotors are slightly thicker also

urmyho

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr bt1
i've got a set of vt calipers and rotors on my vr brought them from a wreckers for 100 buks. at first the brakes were a bit spoungy but then i went and brought a vt master cylinder and it fixed the problem

jagsy

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV Manta Sedan VSII

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
07vessv 94vr .04vz wgn,93vp wgn,82 vhV6 wgn 88 vn
vt master is bigger than vs (although they look nearly the same) but a vr /vp stock 15/16 cylinder is smaller than that.There is more fluid displacement with new dual piston calipers so pedal travel will be different ...just depends how much and if you are happy with it when its finished.

nick88

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2 SS Voodoo
a while bak i bought some vt twin piston calipers, rotor and the hub assembly, can i just un bolt the original hub and that from the VS and put the new VT one on? that way i dont need to by adaptors and stuff i think?
Also, will the VT calipers/rotors fit under the stock 15" wheels? im pretty sure the VT execs had 15's but not 100%?

Nick

nick88

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2 SS Voodoo
????? anyone