Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Brake upgrade

HamaTime™

VIP Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
C Class AMG
I'm thinking of upgrading my rotors/discs, I'm sick of the stock brakes, they are really not powerful enough and not very responsive (I do need a pad change but still, I want some better brakes)

Anyone got any good ideas for discs? slotted/pinned?

budget is around $400 at tops

Turd Ferguson

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Disco
vt brake upgrade and master cyl

or just vs v8 brakes

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS

Philthy

That dent guy
Reaction score
Website
www.qbdentfree.com.au
Members Ride
3.0R Liberty, XC Falcon
Definately go with the VT upgrade. Kits go for around $300 on ebay, or you could probably go a bit cheaper if you found all the bits yourself. Spend the extra on some better pads, and maybe slotted rotors on the front if you do a lot of heavy braking

HamaTime™

VIP Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
C Class AMG
Definately go with the VT upgrade. Kits go for around $300 on ebay, or you could probably go a bit cheaper if you found all the bits yourself. Spend the extra on some better pads, and maybe slotted rotors on the front if you do a lot of heavy braking

yeah someone suggested doing the VT upgrade. My mates HSV enhanced VS SS has them, but doesn't have better rotors as far as I know.

I don't do alot of heavy braking, but my brakes aren't really that responsive and I sometimes have to half stand on the brake pedal even slowing down a hill from 40 odd to 0...

not to mention they scrape and grind alot at the moment, probably because of the wearing pads...

is the VT upgrade just on the front or on the rears as well?

Philthy

That dent guy
Reaction score
Website
www.qbdentfree.com.au
Members Ride
3.0R Liberty, XC Falcon
yeah someone suggested doing the VT upgrade. My mates HSV enhanced VS SS has them, but doesn't have better rotors as far as I know.

I don't do alot of heavy braking, but my brakes aren't really that responsive and I sometimes have to half stand on the brake pedal even slowing down a hill from 40 odd to 0...

not to mention they scrape and grind alot at the moment, probably because of the wearing pads...

is the VT upgrade just on the front or on the rears as well?

Just the front. As well as the booster and master cylinder, which will help give the responsiveness you are after

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Or for $395 you can go front and rear slotted rotors and pads. It improves responsiveness and eliminates brake fade. No bleeding or fitting of any other parts necessary.

gslrallysport

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ AWD One Tonner
We can do a set of front slotted rotors, front and rear QFM HPX pads (Bendix Ultimate equivalent, minus the dust and rotors wear) and a 1L bottle of TRW GP600 racing brake fluid for $409 delivered to you.

Regards,
Greg

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
07vessv 94vr .04vz wgn,93vp wgn,82 vhV6 wgn 88 vn
Do the vt/x/y front brake conversion and you will never look back.....if you click here theres a how to explaining it ...if you use qfm pads front and rear and bed them in properly........... the car will stop like you wouldn't believe but it needs a bigger master to cope with the extra piston in the front calipers read here