Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Brake upgrades for vs statesman

Andrew89

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs statesman
Hi guys is there any better brakes out there that will swap over to the vs statsmen eg ve/vt... Also how much dose a second hand w2a intercooler plate for l67 go for and if any one has 1 I'll buy ☺ thank you for taking the time to read this ☺

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
There is a VT brake upgrade. It comes in a kit with brackets, calipers and other bits. Master cyl needs changing also.

Andrew89

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs statesman
Ok thanks mate we're would I source one of them? U can't just by the vt bits and piece it together?

Andrew89

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs statesman
What's the deal with ve it seems the best bang for buck but who can make up a kit to fit them and what's the go with doing the rears.. Is it worth it? And what's the go with setting up the hand brake?

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
There were reports of the aftermarket ve caliper brackets breaking so they were off the market for a while.

I did the vt brake ugrade on my vs. cost about $120 all up including new pads and hub rings.

Need:
VT master and booster
AU fluid reservoir
VT discs
VT calipers
VT S1 brake hoses or aftermarket conversion hoses

You need to be able to weld to modify the brake pedal rod and the booster bracket to suit the vs.

Andrew89

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs statesman
Thanks for the great info and item rund down.. What diffrence did it make... I'm looking at them for a vs statesman it doesn't pull up that well I'm guessing due to being heaver then vs? I've tryed refreshing every thing and to be honest still not the way I like

Andrew89

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs statesman
Do i use vt hub rings?.. Can the parts come from vx as well? Also I can weld what's the deal with moding the peddle rod and booster braket thank you and all Ur info is being taken on board ☺

Last edited:

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
There were reports of the aftermarket ve caliper brackets breaking so they were off the market for a while.

I did the vt brake ugrade on my vs. cost about $120 all up including new pads and hub rings.

Need:
VT master and booster
AU fluid reservoir
VT discs
VT calipers
VT S1 brake hoses or aftermarket conversion hoses

You need to be able to weld to modify the brake pedal rod and the booster bracket to suit the vs.

How on Earth did you pick all that up for $120? I heard the upgrade costs over $1k.

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
How on Earth did you pick all that up for $120? I heard the upgrade costs over $1k.
I went to pick a part on their $50 day and got everything I needed apart from the hub spacers and new pads. Spacer rings were $30 off eBay and QFM pads (trade price) were $40.

Then picked up vs GTS brake setup from pick a part for under $50 too lol. You’ve probably seen that in my stato thread. I just go for a walk around the yard every now and again and keep a close eye on what they post online.

Markovr has posted info about the brake upgrade in terms of brackets and rod in other threads with pics

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
You seem to be in the right place at the right time a lot EYY, lucky bugger. I'm doing a minor upgrade on the ute brakes by using slotted/dimpled rotors, QFM's and braids as well as overhauling the calipers and I'm over $500 to fronts and rears and basically end up with more or less stock, only just like new.