Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
To flush the fluid, you can buy a one man bleeder kit, which runs via an air compressor...Similar to the one in the picture

86633567.jpg

I have found this ideal in bleeding brakes by myself and not getting air in the system.

Oh and to get air in the system, when changing brake pads, would require opening up the bleeder nipple on the caliper...This isn't necessary, however some on here would say you run the risk of damaging the master cylinder by not doing this.....Personally I've done thousands and never stuffed a master cylinder as a result

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Wouldnt know just bought the car, in that case i should flush it ay?
If you don’t have a detailed service history and don’t know when fluids were changed, then it’s a good idea to change all fluids.

As such I’d do a brake fluid flush since the fluid absorbs water from the atmosphere and should be changed every 2 to 4 years. You’re doing the brakes anyway so it’s a good time to address this.

Then I’d check engine oil and trans fluid and if they look old or smell burnt I’d change them. I’d also look at radiator coolant and if it doesn’t look bright and feel slimy I’d change it as well. Finally, I’d consider doing diff oil as well.

And that’s just the beginning as you’d want to check all other mechanical aspects to ensure trouble free motoring.

It sounds like you’ve started the journey :)

Last edited:

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
To flush the fluid, you can buy a one man bleeder kit, which runs via an air compressor...Similar to the one in the picture

86633567.jpg

I have found this ideal in bleeding brakes by myself and not getting air in the system.

Oh and to get air in the system, when changing brake pads, would require opening up the bleeder nipple on the caliper...This isn't necessary, however some on here would say you run the risk of damaging the master cylinder by not doing this.....Personally I've done thousands and never stuffed a master cylinder as a result
That's what I use too, but mine has the filler bottle too so u don't run out of fluid in the reservoir, I also use this to suck out some transmission fluid from the pan from the dipstick tube before removing the pan.