Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Brakes are gone, need pricing info.

ucwepn

America just kicked in yo
Reaction score
Website
www.darkcold.com
Members Ride
WH statesman 5.7
Yeah my brakes are like nearly fully gone, I.E- I push the pedal and it goes nearly all the way to the floor before the brakes start working and they are very weak and the "brakes" light come on. I just last month got my discs and calipers on the front replaced and the rear drums adjusted. Am wondering if the master cylinder is gone or leaking and how much they are worth???

Oh and have pulled it off the road for obvious reasons. (not safe)

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
07vessv 94vr .04vz wgn,93vp wgn,82 vhV6 wgn 88 vn
Your wheel cylinders are probably leaking now you just need new rear wheel cylinders....shouldnt be too much of a deal or expense to fix

qwertsta

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Berlina
Hey i dont know if this will help but... When i got my vl occasionaly i would go to use the brake's and my foot would go to the floor, the brake light come's on... It feel's like the rear brake's are failing but your front brake's are still working... I took it to a mechanic and they said that it needed new break pad's, and the drum break's where all damaged. So they repaired them and put new brake hose's in etc. Lasted for about a week and then the problem started again. Took it back they bled the brake's again and said it should all be good. Problem was back straight away. Took it back again, they were convinced it wasnt the master cylinder as they said "it looked new, and look's like it had been replaced before i bought it." They found that one of the brake hose's had a crack in it and they said it had air in the brake line or something, so they replaced it, completly flushed the brake system with new fluid and bled the brake's. It has been working normal ever since.:w00t:

ucwepn

Reaction score
Website
www.darkcold.com
Members Ride
WH statesman 5.7
I can hear it hissing air when I pump the pedal with the engine on, its like a hiss of air for each pump. It got sooo bad today decided to stop driving it but had to pump the pedal before driving so the brakes worked a little.

I will go in for one of those 28 point inspection thingy's LOL

rb26dett

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS S2 A4
Sounds like you need a new diaphram in the brake booster.

ucwepn

Reaction score
Website
www.darkcold.com
Members Ride
WH statesman 5.7
How much do ya reckon I am up for roughly?? The hissing is coming from the MC/booster area.

qwertsta

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Berlina
Yeah that's what my car was doing. The brake pedal would go straight to the floor and then i would have to give the brake pedal a few pump's before it worked again...

rb26dett

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS S2 A4
I got mine fixed, was under $100 from memory.

G

Grantis1976

if it turns out to be the rear wheel cylinders, there about $18 per side

ucwepn

Reaction score
Website
www.darkcold.com
Members Ride
WH statesman 5.7
Grantis1976 said:
if it turns out to be the rear wheel cylinders, there about $18 per side

is this new or 2nd hand? My other problem has turned out to be the internal fuel pump so I'm up for that as well around $250 inc labour.