Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

brakes help!!!!!!!!!!!

vn_lexcen_s2

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 lexcen vn S2
does anybody know how to re-insert the brake piston with the squishy thing aswell. mine fell out (dont know how) and i cant get it back in. do i need a special tool.

oh yeh. how do i get it out aswell. coz i kind of bashed it in without the squishy thing and i cant get it out lol (i was angry)

(what does the squishy thing do?????)

cheers
matt

sircruisealotVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LS1 Calais
ummm, i think its f*cked man...god knows how that came out, the brake pad should have stopped it.
not sure what your talkin about getting out, but to take the caliper off the rotor you undo two bolts on the back and it just comes off.

pandaman

Aussie Muscle Fan
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Berlina 5.0 A4
wtf is the squishy thing? I can't think of much in your brakes that should really be described as "squishy"?

genIIIbandit

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Series II SS BLACK M6
If you are talking about the piston boot as the squishy thing, hears what to do. To get the piston out clamp the three other flexiable brake lines and push brake pedal to the floor. Once the piston is out check for damage to the bore and claiper internals. I would then recommend a caliper overhaul of both front calipers/sliders and you will then need to bleed the complete system, starting with the master. Being that it is an older vehicle, dont be suprised if the master will need to be resealed as the piston will travel into a section that doesn't get used, and normally has rust/scale on the bore, this will tear the seals. Brakes are important in stopping, and isn't a job for a novice, get them done by a pro(someone who doesn't get angry and bash parts together) good luck.

vn_lexcen_s2

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 lexcen vn S2
lol. i didnt get angry and bash them. i 'pushed it in' and got angry coz the squishy thing wouldnt go back in aswell. how do i get the piston boot back in with the piston. do i need a tool. it fell out when i was changing brake pads. where are the three other flexible brake lines. i can only think of one.

cheers
matt

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
07vessv 94vr .04vz wgn,93vp wgn,82 vhV6 wgn 88 vn
The dust seal goes on the caliper to seat in its groove in the caliper first before you try to put the piston over it and back into the bore.
After you seat the dust seal in the caliper Put a smear of brake fluid on the piston and stretch and work the dust seal over the piston with it fully stretched out and push the piston in squarely and eventually the part of the seal will go over the chrome surface and locate in the groove for it on the piston as the piston goes all the way into the caliper bore.
It is probably best attempted with the caliper removed from the car so you can do it on the bench ...whatever happens you will have to bleed it anyway.

Stewart1000

work done by ME
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VL twin turbo. VN5L. old jeep, **** mondeo.
the 3 other flexable hoses
sounds like you mean the boot, that stops crap like dust dirt blah blah gettign into the caliper.
you will need to take that caliper off, leave hose attached and then just pump the break pedal hard, that should get it out and if it doesnt, try doign it with the car running.
Having forced the piston in you have probably put it in and (whats that word) sort of jared it in the caliper. might be really hard to get it out, and if you do it might be scratched and you'll need a new one

genIIIbandit

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Series II SS BLACK M6
When I said the other three flexables, I meant at each wheel on the car, cause if the piston is that jammed you will need to clamp off the other three brakes and push the jammed piston out of the caliper.