Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Brakes make strange sound sometimes?

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Listen for noises from the booster...in the engine bay...while the engine is running? Wouldn't be able to hear anything but the engine running.

Brake pad material on the rotors??..WTF? On a brake rotor that is a flat surface, where is this brake pad material going to be?

Before you go 'seriously doubting' other peoples ideas, have a look at your own ideas and how shallow and uneducated they are

How the hell are you going to pump the brake pedal, from the engine bay side for starters? Use some common sense, before commenting there... If the booster is leaking air, pumping the brake pedal from inside the car (unless you can describe a way to do it from the engine bay side), you can hear air escaping....Well I can and I need hearing aids for both ears because I am going deaf

Brake pad material on rotors.....A seizing caliper, will cause the brake pad to stay in direct contact with the rotor....Now tell me, having a brake pad constantly stuck to a rotor won't leave some material stuck to it? Hang on, another shallow idea.

And seriosuly doubted idea....Link pins.....Go find a commodore with stuffed link pins (shouldn't be too hard)....Take it for a drive, over bumps and tell me if you can hear them rattle? Considering the Op is only hearing this noise UNDER BRAKING, it makes perfect sense to the normal person, that it'd be doubtful it'd be link pins, because it only seems to occur UNDER BRAKING, not general driving conditions

So yes, my ideas are shallow I admit it....I've described some possibilities and how I came to these conclusions....Where are yours? A stupid response of,pumping a brake pedal from the engine bay side and hoping you can hear escaping air, with a motor running....Need I say more?

vrsprspt

Reaction score
Members Ride
Series 1 VT Senator
How the hell are you going to pump the brake pedal, from the engine bay side for starters? Use some common sense, before commenting there... If the booster is leaking air, pumping the brake pedal from inside the car (unless you can describe a way to do it from the engine bay side), you can hear air escaping....Well I can and I need hearing aids for both ears because I am going deaf

Brake pad material on rotors.....A seizing caliper, will cause the brake pad to stay in direct contact with the rotor....Now tell me, having a brake pad constantly stuck to a rotor won't leave some material stuck to it? Hang on, another shallow idea.

And seriosuly doubted idea....Link pins.....Go find a commodore with stuffed link pins (shouldn't be too hard)....Take it for a drive, over bumps and tell me if you can hear them rattle? Considering the Op is only hearing this noise UNDER BRAKING, it makes perfect sense to the normal person, that it'd be doubtful it'd be link pins, because it only seems to occur UNDER BRAKING, not general driving conditions

So yes, my ideas are shallow I admit it....I've described some possibilities and how I came to these conclusions....Where are yours? A stupid response of,pumping a brake pedal from the engine bay side and hoping you can hear escaping air, with a motor running....Need I say more?

LMAO pretty sure it was your idea to listen for a vacuum leak in the engine bay while pumping the pedal. I never said anything about pumping the pedal from the engine bay lol

Anyway not going to continue with this post any longer. Obviously you don't read the whole thread or understand other peoples posts properly because I was giving advice from my own experiences.
*You can't argue logic with an idiot*

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
LMAO pretty sure it was your idea to listen for a vacuum leak in the engine bay while pumping the pedal. I never said anything about pumping the pedal from the engine bay lol

Anyway not going to continue with this post any longer. Obviously you don't read the whole thread or understand other peoples posts properly because I was giving advice from my own experiences.
*You can't argue logic with an idiot*

So explain how you came to the conclusion of listening for a booster vacuum leak in the engine bay, when I said pump the pedal? Leaking booster noises can be heard from the cabin of the car.....

And yes I read other peoples posts properly, unlike you....Read the posts of the noise....here I'll re-write them

shhhhhh gerrr and cherrrr chooo....You being the "expert" how do you come to the conclusion that metal on metal makes this sort of noise?

And further more, I did say I seriously doubt it'd be link pins, because an idiot knows metal on metal doesn't make those sounds and an idiot that reads the symptoms would have noticed that the noise only comes under braking.........

Last edited:
Reaction score
Members Ride
VU SS UTE (BOGAN EDITION)
sounds to me like you have a ABS issue id get somebody with a scan tool to have a look it could possibly be a dodgy wheel speed sensor