Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

brakes

Aryashahin

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Calais supercharged V6
whats a break shatter or something like that?!! does anyone knows!!!
holden told me i got problems with my breaks and they should get machined!!!!:w00t:

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
Whats broken :p

BRAKE shudder is probably what they mean. After a while the disc can become uneven (Either through warping, or just the way the disc has worn amongst other reasons) and this causes brake shudder which you can feel through the pedal. They then machine the disc surface which re-smooths it, eradicating the brake shudder.

enhancedss

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE R8 LS3, VYSS Ute 10.0@146MPH & VYSSTT 525rwkw
whats a break shatter or something like that?!! does anyone knows!!!
holden told me i got problems with my breaks and they should get machined!!!!:w00t:

What u are refering to is brake shudder or brake pulsation some also refer it to.

The only way to rectify the problem is for the disc rotors to be machined. so the disc runs true again.

Brake shudder is caused by warped or out of round disc rotors, or even hot spots.

What causes brake shudder, is when the disc rotors reaches a high temperature of expansion, this doesnt cause brake shudder at all, the cause of brake shudder is when the disc rotor is hot eg, after continous braking, and the pulling up to a complete stop, and staying stationary, which causes massive heat spots in the rotors where the brake pads are clamped by the caliper, at this point the rest of the exposed cliper is cooled by air, to the rest of the exposed area, hence called warping of the rotors.

I hope this info helps out

Cheers

Aryashahin

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Calais supercharged V6
tanx

is it better for me to change the rotters with new ones ?!!! or get them machined?!!!
how much does it cost for a new rotters [ rear ]?!!!

Last edited: