Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Brakes

madsav

Reaction score
Members Ride
your ass
how do i bleed the brakes on my vn v6 none abs brakes. i want them so i can put the foot down and stop without going half way down to stop?any thoughts. also how much would ibe looking ta for a vt commodore v8 brake upgrade .from vn to vt?

xcop5l

4th year spanner spinner
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN ex cop 5L
pull the wheels off starting from the passanger rear and crack the bleeder and undo it about 2 turns and let some trickel out. look for bubbles. let it bleed threw for about 5 min lock up the bleeder.wash it off with water.then do the drivers rear then pasanger front then drovers front.
keep an eye on the brake fluid in the resiviour

also id say your master cylinder is stuffed.
if this seemed too complex take it to a brake place and tell them you only want them to bleed the brakes

Dan355

Go THE SS's
Reaction score
Members Ride
Street Legal 355ci VN SS - Daily: VP SS
pull the wheels off starting from the passanger rear and crack the bleeder and undo it about 2 turns and let some trickel out. look for bubbles. let it bleed threw for about 5 min lock up the bleeder.wash it off with water.then do the drivers rear then pasanger front then drovers front.
keep an eye on the brake fluid in the resiviour

You would want to do that about three times or so for each caliper. And pump the pedal untill she gets nice and firm before you release the nipple each time. You could also change your fluid while your doing it. Its a two person job for sure atleast to make it easy. A bleeding bottle would also help alot, saves geting the fluid everywhere.

Stewart1000

work done by ME
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VL twin turbo. VN5L. old jeep, **** mondeo.
yeah, easy way to make one.

get any bottle
get some clear hose
get a tiny bit of rubber hose, attach the rubber hose to the end of the clear hose and then you can squish the rubber hose over the nipple and watch the fluid come out through the clear hose to see the bubbles. change all the fluid mate but don't pump it all out, pump it out till nearly empty then fill it up and do it again till the fluid changes colour at the nipple, you dont want to run the piston dry, and when bleeding brakes dont press the pedal all the way down, where it hasn't been for 10 years, there will probably be rust around that area and it will rip the seals to parts.