Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Brand new globes found in high mount brake light - WTF?

Fonzie

Just lost the game.
Reaction score
Members Ride
-
There's a small back story here.
-Around 3 years ago, the weld on the left hand boot gas strut broke (The one below the parcel shelf). So my father (The owner of the car at the time), being the handy man he is, screwed it back on. With roofing screws.

-18 months ago, I bought the car.

-8 months ago, something started rubbing against the gas tank, it was that bracket.. Surprise, the roofing screws had let go. So 8 months ago, i spent an hour and a half with a hacksaw and 6mm sawing space (due to the gas tank being in the way) to get it out, then fixed it properly with 3x5mm bolts, and nylock nuts.

-Three weeks ago, something starts rattling in the parcel shelf. Sounds like something metal rolling around in there. My first thought was those nuts i used... But they're nylock, they shouldn't come undone. I just got back from pulling the parcel shelf off, to find nothing in there to roll around... So i 'rattled' everything i could find, to find the problem. The high mount brake light rattled.

So i pulled it apart. And what i found? 3 brand new globes inside. Can someone kindly tell me WHAT THE F***?

Fonzie :thumbsup:

Trayner

Fresh prince of Pakky, Gangsta
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gangsta Hundy
Haha that truly is random , I guess maybe the employee at holden got a bit happy and chucked a few in for luck lol :D

Fonzie

Just lost the game.
Reaction score
Members Ride
-
Yeah what I can't figure out though, is why it only started rattling now... I'm pretty sure no-one had the parcel shelf off before I got to it, so it's had like 15 years since the build date to rattle...

vrcalais5ltr

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr calais 5ltr
all i can say is hahahahahahahahahaha oviously someone didnt want to lose em and left em in there for safe keeping haha

st3r3otyp3

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX HSV VX SS
Yeah what I can't figure out though, is why it only started rattling now... I'm pretty sure no-one had the parcel shelf off before I got to it, so it's had like 15 years since the build date to rattle...

no sticky tape etc..?

gareth89

Reaction score
Members Ride
A VR V6 bout to sell Yamaha Scorpio
my bro's old colt needed the door skins to come off and in the drivers side we found a spanner, been there since it was made in 81 lol

wamboin23

Donating Member w/ Boost
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais - Cooled L67 + T56 | VF SSV Ute
its cause the globes are only just big enough to fit through the hole. and if the contacts in the holder are a bit loose, when the globe holder gets pulled out the globe can get caught and fall out. ive seen it heaps of times.

Tom_1569

Ecotech Power
Reaction score
Members Ride
'14 SR5 Pusslux
If there anything like the VT one, they can fall out whilst installing them, and you cant get them out of the little space. We have two "spare" globes in our VT rear high mount brake light, next to impossible to get out. One week they will rattle, one week they wont lol.