Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Brandon's vz ssz ute 5.7ltr NOTBKNDWN

NOTBKNDWN

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz ssz ute & vx ss sedan
Hey guys/girls thought it was about time i got back into a forum again to be able to share the progress of my ute. I have owned the ute for 6-7 years now when i picked it up was completely stock still had the same tyres from factory ill never get rid of it. ill post up what has been done and what is currently being done with info and pictures. Hope you enjoy it as much as i do! I know its alot to read and i probably missed something but hope you enjoy the thread!

List of things done so far.
:body:
.close door respray with the factory quicksilver with some added blue pearl
.shaved tailgate
.outter mirrors hand prepped/primed and painted same colour as car

:Suspension/wheels:
.tss airbag setup front and rear with tein compressors (fast kit)
.black and chrome fr1 simmons 20" with whitewalls

:interior:
.Standard black leather interior with some of the plastics painted voodoo blue
.b&m stealth ratchet shifter
.alpine deck, 10" sub and amp

:exhaust,trans,diff:
.Pacemaker 3" headers, outlaw cats and twin exit 2.5" manta system with twin dump pipes either side
.standard diff been rebuilt with 3.9 ratio gears and a trutrac
.built 4l60e gearbox with trans cooler

I have left the engine till last because it is currently out of the ute and sitting at prowest performance. The ls1 has the 243 heads wich i believe came from a 6ltr but still being cathedral port they are currently getting ported, the rockers are standard with the trunion upgrade (hope i said that right) basically beefier solid bearings, it will also have the comp cams single springs pulled out and will get a dual spring upgrade. The comp cam in it now is a 228/230 mild street cam that will be getting replaced with a custom grind crow cam unsure of the specs at the moment. Already has a rollmaster dual timing chain upgrade. The engine will be getting painted whilst it is out to get rid of that crappy silver look... and now for the best part the reason why the motor has come out, a pwr 1900 top mount blower will be replacing the standard manifold. The fuel system will see a upgrade with twin bosch fuel pumps so that the engine can be run on e85. The standard radiator will go and a bigger alloy radiator will be its replacement with twin thermos.

The engine bay will also get some tlc having the battery, fuse box and alot of wiring relocated. The engine wiring will stay but will be stripped and look alot cleaner. The ecu/pcm has already been relocated. Aircon will be getting deleted i still have all the parts if i wish to put it all back in but just looks really ugly and you must understand although its licensed for the road it is not my daily. And lastly the rails are getting boxed in both sides of the engine bay smoothed/shaved/welded and a fresh coat of paint :) firewall will remain the same for now.

Here are some photos of how the ute looks so far and watch this space as ill be uploading alot of pics over the next couple of months with the progress on the engine/engine bay.

NOTBKNDWN

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz ssz ute & vx ss sedan
IMG_3899.JPG
IMG_3903.JPG
IMG_3902.JPG

Trayner

Fresh prince of Pakky, Gangsta
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gangsta Hundy
Looks good man , any pics of the airbag setup ?

NOTBKNDWN

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz ssz ute & vx ss sedan
IMG_4193.JPG
IMG_4191.JPG
IMG_4194.JPG
Blower and manifold all painted ready to go on the fuel rail fittings will be changed to black ones! And also some progress on the heads being ported!

NOTBKNDWN

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz ssz ute & vx ss sedan
IMG_4218.JPG
IMG_4217.JPG
IMG_4216.JPG
Update today bottom end is getting stripped out aswell decided to get new pistons and rods whilst the engine was apart not sure of the brand but its gonna be forged race pistons and conrods... atleast this way will be able to put alot more into the engine without killing it haha. My new dual valve springs turned up also. I have a ls1 block and heads at home im concidering using all the spare parts that are good and throwing togeather a simple cammed setup maybe.

NOTBKNDWN

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz ssz ute & vx ss sedan
More things have been done bottom end is completely stripped out now and probably a good thing apparently the bores where a little bit scored and so was the crank so all that is getting fixed and alternator, rocker coversa, timing covers have been painted and water pump now all thats really left to do is the engine block and heads
IMG_4245.JPG
IMG_4233.JPG
IMG_4241.JPG
IMG_4242.JPG
IMG_4239.JPG
IMG_4240.JPG

skappascrap

Herp is for the derp.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'02 VY SV8
Hey mate, awesome progress with the engine rebuild!
I must ask though, why have you made half of the engine parts gloss black and the other half texture coat black?

NOTBKNDWN

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz ssz ute & vx ss sedan
Hey mate, awesome progress with the engine rebuild!
I must ask though, why have you made half of the engine parts gloss black and the other half texture coat black?
Thanks mate appreciate it! Just to break it up abit rather than just be all one colour... something different