Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Break peddel making a tightening noise.

Reaction score
Members Ride
Audi A4 Quattro B8
I've noticed that when I press my break peddle there is a noise on my WK. A bit like a wired cable tightening. You can hear it inside the car. Its not coming from the breaks near the wheels, definably a cable tightening sound.

Has anyone had this? Anyone got any ideas?

nicko

Carbon Positive - DO IT!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
75 cruiser ute
This happens with my VT aswell mate. Im pretty sure it has something to do with the handbrake cable. As said i have this noise but i havent noticed and change in braking or brake pad wear.

Reaction score
Members Ride
Audi A4 Quattro B8
I just got word on another Forum that this is a standard thing for the WK/WL Caprice. 2 people have the same thing on theirs. So I got nothing to worry about. Holden dealer confirmed this.

If anyone knows how to make the noise go away, besides turning up the stereo LOL, please let me know.

And_ROOS

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV +6
Having the same issue in the VT, was worried it was something major so if someone has a solution chop out lol.

alien

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY Supercharged 3.8L
Does the sound happen even when the car's running? Or only when the keys are in ACC or off?