Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Breakdowns – which you can now laugh at

Goon

Scientific Tuning
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY CUSTOM.
thought i had a flat battery but the car was actually just left in gear, didnt notice til my friend had turned up to give me a jump

hahah yeah bro, i left mine in drive oneday and didnt notice, thought it was in N. :p

elemeNtz

It's my first day :3
Reaction score
Members Ride
responsibly
LOL, i had a mate call me for his car not starting. Got there, banged my head against the car when i saw it, he didn't know that it had to be in park or neutral to start. So i had to get in, and showed him how to start it.

I literally have just came home from having to do that. I am bewildered that my friend got her license.

one_and_only2004

Turbo L98 FTW
Reaction score
Members Ride
Z Series Thunder Utility - Turbo
One trip to tamworth for tafe last year we took my friend's HZ ute. We made maybe 400m from my work when the car came to a stop, 3 hours later we'd located and installed a fuel pump off an old smash up derby car in someone's yard.
Making it to glen innes we stopped at the local KFC for some food, after hopping back in we found out that something was wrong with the gearbox and we were stuck in 2nd. another hour or two of my friend playing with that whilst i offered moral support (from about 400m down the road at the pub..), we were back on our way with all gears.
Just past armidale overtaking a car we realised that the throttle return spring had snapped after we couldn't slow down... we fixed that by re-engineering the spring by bending the crap out of it - it's still on there today...

budgieVH

get in shut up nd hang on
Reaction score
Members Ride
Injected 5ltr VH SL/E-VH Blue 202-GQ Nissan Patrol
haha i spent at least 30-45 mins reading all your posts.. when i first got my vh (was on mt L's then) the battery kept going flat when i installed my stereo (2 amps sub head unit 4 speakers) i went to an auto elect he said take the fuse out of the red wire from the battery. so i did.. tested it with multi meter and i was loosing 1amp every 10 mins... any ways long story short.. one morning i went to start the car and there was nothing! later on in the week i bought a new battery a better one then what i had...

working on the car one night cleaning the engine and all and then wouldnt start, i had power all i could hear was tick tick tick every time i turned the key and the next morning i had to go for a long drive some where.. ring up my g/f's dad he comes around early in the morning to have a look.. i went to start the car and it started.... boy was i pissed off haha

turns out it was the light in the boot that was draining my battery was on 24/7

ozz

Reaction score
the day i got my ps/ 18th birthday , crank angle sensor carked it. i had just pulled into my mates driveway when my my engine died and wouldnt start. after a few hours of confusion it started easily and i limped it home while it was cold. the next day i didnt really know what to think but i figured i'd rather be stuck waiting for my car to cool down enough to get to a mates house than use public transport, it died while going 80 on the highway. next stop was the auto elecs who 'fixed' it
the car drove fine for a day, then the next day i was just pulling into the supermarket carpark when it died on me again. waited for it to cool down a bit so i could drive it

i did the usual wait an hour or two for it to cool down which i had got a bit used to by then, the car started and i made it round the corner, no more than 30 metres or so. luckily the same mates place who it first broke down at was not far away so i called up the guys there and they came and hung out, while hanging round we managed to run into more and more people we knew, eventually we decided we could push the car all the way back to my mates place. it sounded better than being stuck illegally parked in what i could say is not the greatest area to leave a car overnight.

by this time it was about 6pm on a saturday, we had at least 8 people pushing the car round 5 corners, 5 stretches of road including the main street opposite the station, and bus stops, a relativly busy roundabout on the main street, and all the way back to my mates driveway probably close to 1km in total. at the request of the people helping push my car stereo was up as well.

we got more than a couple of funny looks:D:D

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Gave my old torana a service and thought i'd use some red rubber hose from the bunsen burner at school as a new fuel line on the tank side of the pump. Obvously it was gas hose rather than fuel hose. Worked great for a few weeks then one morning we were going fishing early and it died going up the first hill. ... rubber hose had collapsed, shutting off the fuel supply.

BecStar

Kickstart My Heart...
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY Clubsport R8 - Vespers Blue
I've had a few breakdowns in the past year in both my bmw and the SS. First of all I was working at Coles at the time and I had to start at 5am, it was about 4:30 and I'd just dropped the fiance off at the bus-stop for work. I parked the SS up at the servo to put a bit of fuel in before I went to work, I went to start her up and she just sounded like a sick dog lol rururururururur. I didn't know what the hell was wrong, I popped the bonnet anyway not knowing what to look for lol, trying to look like a damsel in distress hoping someone would help me hahaha. And they did! They helped push her out of the way because we couldn't get it to start again. So I was late to work after having to walk the rest of the way. Turns out it was something to do with dirty spark plugs or something like that. Next time I had to let the SS sleepover at the servo was when I ran out of fuel... at a ****ing service station!! I didn't have as much money as I expected in my bank account and I just spend the last of it on a packet of smokes lol.... so after pushing the car to the side.. by myself... all these old ****ers in caravans watching on laughing... I locked her up and was on my way to work, I was sweating, frustrated and sore from pushing the car and all I wanted was a smoke but I didn't have a lighter lol.

And then the BMW horn stuck on when I started her up one day... I didn't know how to stop it I was bashing the crap out of the steering wheel trying to unstick the buttons because I was definetly not cruising around town with the horn blaring... I ended up just taking the horn fuse out after calling my dad to ask what to do lol

Trewman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV
I installed a fuel pump in the vt 6 months later.. me and a car load of mates went to hogsbreath for dinner.. coming home floored it round a corner which made the car get sideways then die in the ass... just my luck it was right out the front of my mechanic it came to a halt! I couldnt believe it. Turns out one of the wires had come off my fuel pump

Bax

Projecting
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing
Nothing compared to everything else that happened in this thread. Went for a drive one night with a friend, car died and wouldn't start again. Thought I'd give it some gas when cranking and see if that helped. It did.

Foot off the pedal, died. Okay, interesting. Realised if I hold my foot down half way it gets enough to run. So, basically I have to keep my foot on the gas no matter what, even if I'm braking - Clutch in of course.

We looked at the engine for ages, racq came out to have a look at it, just as he turned up I noticed I'd done a hose clamp on the intake. Felt like an idiot.

budgieVH

get in shut up nd hang on
Reaction score
Members Ride
Injected 5ltr VH SL/E-VH Blue 202-GQ Nissan Patrol
i went out for a drive with my girl friend the other day first drive.. i pulled up at a park to let her drive in the empty car pack cause she had never driven a manual or a car with no power steering.. any ways after she had driven i could hear a ticking sound of the timing.. opend the bonnet could not find it then my car alarm started goin off and i hit it with my hand and it stoped (think it had water in it) start car up gain "tick tick tick" rev it a little still "tick tick tick" then i seen sparks! the spark plug lead contected to the ignition coil had melted (the runner on lead) because it was not on properly haha no auto shops around.. clipped it back on with no rubber around it seemed fine... drove it back to home and replaced it then went out again.... WOW NOW I HAVE POWER =D

lucky it didnt brake down in the middle of no where