Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Breakdowns – which you can now laugh at

vlv8vic

<---Brad Quaid = internet stalker
Reaction score
Members Ride
M5
110ish up the hume overtaking a truck in the black of night when the thermostat decided to close. drove another 120ks without the sucker no worries. got my attention though.

nemesis_adrasteia

better to reign in hell
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR commodore HSV(without all the gay ****)
drove into town one day in the VR, pulled up at the bank to ckeck the funds come back and theres a big pool of water under the car, fuuuck water pump is dead saturday afternoon and no money to fix it worst weekend ever

Dayvo

Because i can
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Series 2
Mine wasn't really a breakdown. I was driving with a mate down to Boolarra in an old 1966 VW beetle.
The road ahead was flooded so we decided to plant the foot and hope to get to the other side. We hit the water at about 75kays and went about 10 meters befor we came to a sudden stop .We hit the water with so much force that both front guards and the front bar were folded flat against the front wheels and popped the bonnet open. it took about 2 hours in freezing water trying to fix it so we could get the car out .

Tom_1569

Ecotech Power
Reaction score
Members Ride
'14 SR5 Pusslux
Mine wasn't really a breakdown. I was driving with a mate down to Boolarra in an old 1966 VW beetle.
The road ahead was flooded so we decided to plant the foot and hope to get to the other side. We hit the water at about 75kays and went about 10 meters befor we came to a sudden stop .We hit the water with so much force that both front guards and the front bar were folded flat against the front wheels and popped the bonnet open. it took about 2 hours in freezing water trying to fix it so we could get the car out .

South east, vic..... Boolara...... Gippsland cruise?? :p

MikesCalais

Trust me, I'm a Doctor
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V International
Not really a 'breakdown' but the car was immobalised (by mud)

Was at sandown a few years back now, when the race was called off because it was raining (and hailing) and we had parked on the grass. We took off fine, but then because there was a cue, we had to stop only a few meters from the road to exit, and thats when we got bogged.

Few guys came over to help push coz i couldnt get it out myself, so there was three of them pushing and it was ALMOST out, so i thought 'ohh, theres some space for me to push too, i'll help' - the spot was behind the left tyre, which then hit the mud - and just like that i was covered head to toe.... Everyone else got a really good laugh at the time... but i had to go out to dinner! lol i can laugh at it now though

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
i had my LJ do the diff while towing a big trailer of gear to my mates new house 500km away and we were less than halfway there and it went bang and had a nasty wirrring sound and the old loud band managed to make it all the way there.jacked it up pulled the axles and the centre wouldnt come out finally after much frustration finally managed to get it out and low and behold the spidergear pin had spat out the centre and was hitting the diff housing for a good 300km luckily it hadnt come out far enough to lock solid.banged the pin back into the hole and welded the ends so it couldnt go anywhere again still running today for the new owner

maginoodle

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy series2 ss crewman
Just thoght of one that happened to me about 8 years ago. I went from dubbo to narrandra in a zk fairlaine to pick up a vs that had been front ended. On the way home it started cutting out when in town.I would start again as soon as i hit the key. Because it kept starting i kept going. It finally cut out and wouldnt start about 65 kay from home at about 10pm. Because of the way it had been playing up i thought for sure it was petrol problems. I left the car there and went back to it the next mornin, it wouldnt go so i started fault finding, it had no spark so i got another ign module from the boot and put in in and went home.

A couple of weeks later i had to go to sydney to pick up some guards and stuff, about 60 km short of orange the lights went out. I checked the fuses and the light fuse hadnt blown but it had gotten hot and melted the solder out of one end. So drove the next 60 km with a dolphin torch for headlights and pulled over everytime something was coming the other way.

Tom_1569

Ecotech Power
Reaction score
Members Ride
'14 SR5 Pusslux
Thats the place , but it was around 1978, and went to the Morwell pub to see a band called Red House.

It was a hint about the Gippsland cruise coming up, see my sig if your localish.